Powerful solution for managing unstructured data in-place
IBM® StoredIQ Suite addresses the problems that challenge records management, electronic discovery, compliance, storage optimization and data migration initiatives. By providing an in-depth assessment of unstructured data where it resides, this software gives organizations visibility into data to make more informed business and legal decisions.
StoredIQ Suite delivers:
- In-place data management that allows an organization to discover, recognize, and act on unstructured data without moving it to a repository or specialty application.
- A powerful search function that accelerates the understanding of large amounts of unstructured content.
- Simplified analysis of large amounts of corporate data to provide detailed analysis faster and limit the impact on user productivity by analyzing and managing data in-place.
- Actionable intelligence that supports many different policy actions such as copy, delete, move, copy to retention or export.
In-place data management
- Uses index technologies to manage data where it resides in the enterprise rather than moving subsets of data into a repository or application database.
- Provides scalability that can process large amounts of data while minimizing the impact on knowledge workers and corporate networks and servers.
- Gathers intelligence about data from across the enterprise and stores it to be made available for any business process.
- Provides distributed architecture to manage data and help optimize its location, routing and delivery.
- Increases the speed, scalability, reliability and performance of information management.
A powerful search function
- Allows you to enter simple to complex search strings and perform searches on an arbitrary mix of full text, metadata and file attributes.
- Allows for tailored search capabilities to assist legal, records, compliance and IT staff in finding responsive files within unstructured data throughout the enterprise.
- Supports advanced search capabilities including keywords, single terms, multiple terms, Boolean operators, wildcards, proximity searches, regular expressions, object level attributes and hash value searches (digital signatures).
- Allows you to search file content without local application software and view documents without altering metadata attributes.
- Scales up to the largest environments without being limited to the storage capacities associated with repositories.
- Presents a variety of graphical perspectives of the information based on metadata for simplified and efficient analysis and culling.
- Displays the entire contents of a data object to gain full context of the information as necessary.
- Provides visual representations of unstructured data from various points of view including file system metadata attributes, data source location and category.
- Produces rich graphical reports that include the location of electronically-stored information and the number of responsive and relevant documents.
- Allows users to perform use-case-specific functions such as delete, move, copy, or export over a variety of data sources in a single, unified manner to more quickly and easily facilitate a data governance project.
- Supplies data topology and overlay hit reports so companies can make informed decisions prior to initiating an information governance initiative. This includes a snapshot of a data environment based on location, server, users and other criteria.
- Provides data filters that allow clients to have more control over their data to reduce data into smaller, more meaningful and relevant information sets. These information sets can be filtered further based on records retention policies, legal processes or IT protocol.
- Sorts files that are new or that have been modified since the last collection for a streamlined and more efficient collection process, and to make sure that the same document is not collected multiple times.
- Provides a detailed audit trail for policy activity within the system. Object metadata and ownership is preserved with the time and date an action occurred, providing a forensic history that is legally sound and defensible.
Unstructured Data Identification and Management resources