Information governance to automate policy and compliance across unstructured data
IBM® StoredIQ Policy helps organizations identity, classify and manage enterprise information according to business value to reduce risk and cost. Corporations can gain a deeper and holistic understanding of their unstructured data to address business and regulatory requirements, compliance enforcement, data retention and respond to audit requests.
StoredIQ Policy provides:
- A powerful data assessment solution for discovering, recognizing and acting on unstructured data without first moving it to a repository.
- Advanced search capabilities specifically tailored to help legal, records, compliance and IT staff discover data in accordance with corporate and regulatory policy.
- Detailed data analysis to simplify the analysis of large amounts of corporate data.
- In-place data management capabilities to remediate regulatory and corporate policy violations.
A powerful data assessment solution
- Applies visual filters to identify information that is subject to various regulatory standards.
- Spots private information such as credit card numbers, uncovers illegal or prohibitive content and discovers unprotected business content.
- Identifies owners of information that violates compliance policies and either disposes or moves the data.
- Applies incremental policy execution, retains records and disposes of obsolete data.
- Removes data from unprotected locations and moves it to a secure retention server.
Advanced search capabilities
- Search for non-printable text within a document such as object-level attributes, comments and annotations, as well as within compressed files or email attachments.
- Integrate with IBM Content Classification to parse and interpret unstructured data, such as in plain text, PDFs or spreadsheets, to determine where the document fits within predetermined customer categories.
- Use either statistical analysis of the full text, a rules-based approach or both methods.
- Allow a user to enter simple-to-complex search strings and perform searches on an arbitrary mix of full text, metadata and file attributes.
- Support keyword search, single-term search, multiple-term search, proximity search and more.
Detailed data analysis
- Analyzes data in-place according to information governance policies.
- Speeds up the detailed analysis process and limits the impact on user productivity.
- Enables the solution to scale up to large environments without being limited to the storage capacities associated with repositories.
- Creates a data topology map to provide a clear understanding of data across the enterprise and facilitate appropriate retention and disposition decisions.
- Produces rich graphical reports that include the location and number of responsive and relevant documents.
In-place data management capabilities
- Execute electronic records policies by taking action on your data including copy, move or delete based on records policy.
- Use deep data intelligence across more than 75 data sources and 450 file types including network servers, storage systems, laptops or cloud-based data to provide actionable intelligence.
- Streamline the management of records policies across the organization; allow records managers and IT staff to work in tandem.
- Provide valuable insight through overlay hit reports that enables records teams to identify highly sensitive data without first moving it to a repository or specialty application.
- Allow customers to filter data into smaller, more relevant information sets such as credit card numbers or claim numbers.
Policy Assessment and Compliance resources