Flexible, pay-as-you-grow data protection
IBM Spectrum Protect™, formerly Tivoli® Storage Manager for Unified Recovery, provides a comprehensive set of data protection capabilities with simplified licensing on a tiered per-terabyte (TB) metric.
The suite features capacity-based licensing, advanced agents for virtual environments and core applications, snapshot management and hierarchical space management. It lets you get started quickly to gain the benefits of IBM data protection software.
IBM Spectrum Protect Suite allows you to more easily modernize data protection. It enables the following capabilities with simple, pay as you grow licensing:
Protect data with confidence
Add the advanced capability as needed
Choose from flexible licensing options
1. Based on IBM assessments using Butterfly Software.
2. Enterprise Strategy Group, Tony Palmer, February, 2013
3. Near-instant recovery is enabled by snapshot management and optional IBM solutions that enable remote mirroring with automated fail-over.
4. Spectrum Protect Suite - Entry versions are limited to 100 TB of managed backup data, and two TSM servers per enterprise.
5. Archive option applies to data ingested through an archive operation and backed up to TSM VTL or tape archive pools. Data backed up to other storage pools is fully supported and charged at the standard Suite capacity rate.
6. ProtecTIER Option measures capacity after IBM ProtecTIER deduplication is used. Assuming 4:1 deduplication, capacity based licensing for data stored with ProtecTIER would be 75 percent less than the top tier rate.
All client examples cited or described are presented as illustrations of the manner in which some clients have used IBM products and the results they may have achieved. Actual environmental costs and performance characteristics will vary depending on individual client configurations and conditions.
The latest release of IBM Spectrum Protect improves usability, cloud integration and scalability.
Version 7.1.3 enhancements
Version 7.1.2 enhancements
Version 7.1.1 enhancements
Use your IBM Software Subscription and Support benefits to upgrade.
IBM Spectrum Protect Suite
IBM Spectrum Protect Suite includes the following components:
Snapshot Management* EMC and Hitachi Unix support requires Device Agents, available separately.
Advanced Agent for Virtual Environments
Advanced Agents for Core Applications
Not in United States?