Hierarchical storage management for Windows NTFS file servers
IBM® Spectrum Protect™ HSM for Windows (formerly IBM Tivoli® Storage Manager HSM for Windows) controls disk storage requirements by automatically migrating rarely used files. It moves low-activity or inactive files to a hierarchy of lower-cost storage options. You gain an efficient storage capacity management solution that is based on rules-driven migration policies.
IBM Spectrum Protect HSM for Windows:
- Enhances user productivity by offering rapid access to archived data. It also helps maximize available disk space for users.
- Minimizes backup times and resource usage by focusing on active files.
- Migrates Microsoft Windows files based on file name, dates of creation, last access and modification. It also transparently recalls files to the original host system as needed.
- Takes advantage of an IBM Spectrum Protect backup server for a hierarchy of storage tiers and reliable backup and recovery functions.
- Provides automatic threshold migration, which helps maintain a certain amount of free space on protected file systems.
Need Hierarchical Space Management for UNIX? Learn about IBM Spectrum Protect for Space Management, for AIX and Linux x86.