Spatial Support for Db2 for z/OS allows you to store and manage spatial data on the mainframe.
Spatial Support is an important additional feature now available for Db2 for z/OS®. Spatial Support allows geographic content to be stored and retrieved from any application accessing the Db2 relational database.
- Provides spatial data types with Db2 on z/OS to facilitate the modeling of locations, boundaries and infrastructures.
- Provides spatial functions that allow the user to issue queries utilizing spatial concepts such as intersection, overlap, and contains.
- Db2 Spatial Support implements types and functions defined by ISO SQL/MM and Open GeoSpatial Consortium (OGC) specifications, allowing customers to leverage the power of SQL for spatial data analysis.
- Leverages long-proven benefits of the mainframe platform including near absolute dependability and availability, the highest levels of security, and the ability to lower the total cost of ownership.
- Db2 Spatial Support for z/OS can be used in conjunction with industry-leading spatial and GIS applications and tools to form a complete GIS solution. An example is Esri's ArcGIS Server/Desktop/Mobile software solution.
- The capabilities of Db2 Spatial Support for z/OS are also available as the Db2 Spatial Extender for Linux, UNIX and Windows