Simplify complex sourcing decisions and events for better strategic sourcing
IBM® Emptoris® Sourcing enables companies to optimize value, as well as price, from their supply base by factoring cost, risk and performance into sourcing decisions. It automates various sourcing events from reverse auctions to complex multi-stage negotiations and provides both broad and granular visibility into corporate sourcing data. IBM Emptoris Sourcing can help companies improve supplier collaboration and innovation, reduce supply base risk and lower costs.
Emptoris Sourcing helps companies:
- Identify sustainable savings across various, complex spend categories.
- Mitigate risks and improve compliance through greater visibility and transparency throughout the sourcing process.
- Improve productivity through shorter cycle times and improved spending controls.
Identify sustainable savings
- Help reduce costs across various spend categories.
- Use advanced sourcing capabilities to address complex spend categories.
- Transition quickly from addressing simpler spend categories to managing more complex spend categories, including direct materials, transportation and specialty services.
- Support changes in market conditions or supplier performance with flexible awarding. Make awards incrementally or re-run scenarios at a later date.
- Provide feedback to suppliers on their bids, allowing them to offer innovative solutions and optimize their bids.
Mitigate risks and improve compliance
- Help reduce risk exposure by evaluating risk factors throughout the sourcing process and allocating more spending to preferred suppliers.
- Input quality, performance and other factors into sourcing analysis to help ensure that only highly secure and reliable suppliers are awarded business.
- Integrate sourcing with contract management and supplier lifecycle management processes to help eliminate data transfer issues and promote compliance across processes.
- Establish standard, repeatable sourcing processes and bring more visibility and transparency to sourcing events.
- Streamline, define and automate sourcing processes to improve productivity and shorten cycle times.
- Free resources to run more events and control spending more effectively.
- Integrate more easily with contract management and supplier lifecycle management products to transition from sourcing event to negotiations and supplier performance management.
- Take advantage of powerful functions designed for ease of use to improve adoption, build internal sourcing capabilities and reduce reliance on outside consultants and services.