Procure, control and manage complex outsourced services, including contingent labor
IBM® Emptoris® Services Procurement enables companies to procure, control and manage complex outsourced services more effectively, including contingent labor. It automates and streamlines the full procurement lifecycle for third-party services categories, including temporary labor, time and materials, and statement of work (SOW) service projects, such as IT outsourcing and business consulting. IBM Emptoris Services Procurement can improve services procurement management to help reduce costs, gain more visibility into and control over operations, and protect against the risk of non-compliance with policies and regulations.
Emptoris Services Procurement helps companies:
- Reduce costs by improving visibility and automating procurement and management processes.
- Improve compliance and mitigate risk by automating processes to address international and local regulations, tax policies and corporate policies.
- Gain insight into global services and workforce management through improved business intelligence.
- Automate and streamline procurement and management processes and improve visibility across services and labor categories.
- Improve adherence to business rules and negotiated contracts. This helps reduce maverick spend and enforce negotiated contract rates to prevent overpayments.
- Identify areas for supplier consolidation, capture volume discounts and early payment rebates, enable better rate negotiations and enforce payment limits.
- Manage demand for services and labor more effectively through near real-time visibility into spend and resource pools.
- Enforce budget controls with receipt and timesheet confirmation and four-way matching of order, item, receipt and invoice.
Improve compliance and mitigate risk
- Establish legal and financial controls that can reduce the risk of fines, litigation or damage to corporate brand reputation.
- Support compliance with various international, federal, state and local regulations and tax policies. Also improve adherence to internal company policies and financial regulations.
- Help keep unqualified suppliers and employees outside of the enterprise through improved compliance with diversity requirements, labor laws, background checks and workers' rights.
- Take advantage of enhanced flexible rate card capabilities to help comply with regulatory and corporate requirements related to rate structures for contingent staff.
Gain insight into global services and workforce management
- Gain insight into global demand for outsourced services and use this intelligence to make better use of specialized supplier skill sets.
- Improve competitive advantage by delivering the right mix of human talent. Optimize variable labor costs through various economic conditions.
- Achieve centralized and granular visibility into indirect services categories. View spend and rates by geography, business unit, and service and labor type.
- Move toward 100 percent coverage of outsourced services categories, not only contingent labor.
Home Page: Initiate and manage various aspects of the Services Procurement process from a central home page
Request Details: Create and manage services requests and track their status
Order Index Page: Automate the ordering process and enforce budgets with four-way matching of order-item-receipt-invoice
Timesheet View: Drill down into timesheet details and confirm their accuracy prior to invoicing
Emptoris Services Procurement