Streamline IBM z/OS application development processes and package approvals
IBM® Software Configuration and Library Manager (SCLM) Advanced Edition for z/OS® is a suite of add-on products for IBM SCLM for z/OS. This edition provides a centralized IBM z/OS software configuration management solution in one package. Now you can approve packages, implement augmented security controls, run three-way merges and simplify the management of SCLM-based projects.
SCLM Advanced Edition for z/OS includes these products:
- IBM SCLM Administrator Toolkit—provides software configuration management (SCM) services for Eclipse-based SCLM administration environments.
- IBM SCLM Developer Toolkit—provides SCM services for Eclipse-based SCLM development environments.
- IBM Enhanced Access Control for SCLM for z/OS—provides additional control over access to SCLM-managed libraries.
- IBM Breeze for SCLM for z/OS—provides a web interface to review and either approve or reject SCLM packages.
- IBM Merge Tool for z/OS and OS/390®—provides a variety of tools to perform file merge tasks.
SCLM Administrator Toolkit
SCLM Developer Toolkit
- Simplifies the administration of SCLM-managed projects.
- Provides access to the administrator functions from either an Eclipse-based graphical interface or traditional host-based Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF) panels.
- Includes administrator functions such as creating and configuring new projects, as well as modifying, cloning, building and rebuilding (to allow the original source structure of objects to be maintained), and deleting existing SCLM-managed projects.
Enhanced Access Control for SCLM for z/OS
- Is a comprehensive solution for managing the modernization of traditional z/OS applications, including mixed applications containing both traditional and Java® Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) object types.
- Is an Eclipse-based tool that extends the functionality and accessibility of SCLM by providing an Eclipse-based integrated development environment (IDE) interface.
- Enables developers to code and test applications in an Eclipse-based IDE, and then store source code in SCLM.
Breeze for SCLM for z/OS
- Provides more levels of access control granularity and protection for SCLM-managed resources than SCLM and IBM Resource Access Control Facility (RACF).
- Allows you to specify which programs can be used by SCLM-managed data and restrict user access based on SCLM function or service.
- Helps prevent RACF data set violations and unexpected changes to SCLM data.
Merge Tool for z/OS and OS/390
- Is a browser-based, SCLM package approval system.
- Allows you to build reusable packages, assign approvers, and automatically notify both approvers and managers through either Time Sharing Option (TSO) or email when there are changes in need of review.
- Is designed for both managers and developers who want to make the most of the SCLM product’s strengths as a development and source code management tool.
- Delivers an easy-to-use, ISPF-based, three-way merge facility.
- Provides both project managers and IBM System z® application developers with the tools they need to identify, analyze and consolidate independently coded changes.
- Helps developers efficiently use and manage this process to merge up to three versions of source code.
SCLM Advanced Edition for z/OS resources