Comprehensive functional, regression, load and integration testing
IBM® Rational® Test Workbench provides a comprehensive test automation solution for mobile applications, regression testing, integration technologies and performance and scalability testing. It helps you build intelligent and interconnected enterprise applications that can be deployed on traditional and cloud infrastructures. With Rational Test Workbench, you can significantly reduce test cycle times, moving integration testing earlier in the development lifecycle.
Rational Test Workbench delivers test automation for all types of applications, including mobile using physical device or mobile emulator. It also:
- Simplifies test creation with Story Board testing and code-free test authoring.
- Lets you quickly develop complex performance test scenarios with script-less, visual, performance test and workload models.
- Provides earlier, end-to-end continuous integration testing throughout hardware, software and cloud-based dependencies.
- Emulates workloads accurately so you can create a server workload that represents realistic user scenarios.
- Is extensible and supports standards and protocols to help you meet the challenges of your testing environment.
Simplifies test creation
- Story Board testing simplifies the creation of functional and regression tests, combining natural language test narrative with visual editing through application screenshots.
- IBM ScriptAssure® technology provides greater test script resiliency for changes in the application user interface.
- Code-free test authoring allows you to create, modify and execute tests without programming knowledge.
- Visual and forms-based editors and a variety of wizards simplify the implementation of test sequences, data-driven testing and validation of expected results.
Lets you quickly develop complex performance test scenarios
- Automatic management of dynamic server responses accelerates the delivery of large-scale, user-independent performance test suites.
- An automatic data correlation engine reduces the effort required to develop and maintain large, multiuser load sets.
- The data correlation engine can recognize server responses that are dependent on a user’s data entry and automatically identify them for reuse in later server requests.
- You can extend the data correlation engine with simple correlation rules for custom applications with unique dynamic behavior.
Provides earlier, end-to-end continuous integration testing
- Allows you to quickly develop service-level tests by recording existing system behavior, using Business Process Execution Language models, or modeling data exchange in the visual test designer.
- Integrates with the IBM Rational collaborative lifecycle management solution to automatically schedule and execute tests when a new application build is available.
- Is able to quickly stub out unavailable services, helping you implement agile and continuous integration while reducing any risk for application delivery.
Emulates workloads accurately
- A graphical workload scheduler simplifies the modeling of different user groups and load conditions.
- Built-in synchronization points improve the control of workflows and simulated stress points on the server.
- Compare performance metrics and analyze multiple load scenarios in a single test run.
Is extensible and supports standards and protocols
- Product extensibility features and application programming interfaces enable you to adapt legacy or custom services.
- Extensibility features include Java code insertion, custom data transformations, user interface proxy software development kit and user-defined correlation rules.
- Comprehensive functional, integration and performance testing supports legacy and modern architectures, including IBM, TIBCO, Software AG, SAP, Oracle and other integration environments.
Rational Test Workbench resources