Design and deliver service-oriented architecture solutions for IBM WebSphere
IBM® Rational® Software Architect Extension for SOA and WebSphere® enhances Rational Software Architect to enable you to design and deliver service-oriented architecture (SOA) solutions targeting IBM WebSphere environments. With this extension, you can design and deliver Java® Platform, Enterprise Edition solutions for IBM WebSphere Application Server and IBM WebSphere Portal to maximize efficiency and make the most of your WebSphere investments.
Rational Software Architect Extension for SOA and WebSphere provides:
- IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software, which includes a core set of tools for application development.
- IBM Rational SOMA 2.9 practice guidance that supports service identification and specification.
- Transformations including SOA realizations and harvesting service representations.
- Additional tools to build well-architected, scalable, business-driven SOA solutions.
Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software
- Helps Java® developers design, develop, assemble, test, profile and deploy Java and Java EE, WebSphere Portal, web and Web 2.0, OSGi, web services, and SOA applications.
- Is optimized for IBM WebSphere Application Server and IBM WebSphere Portal Server, and includes test environments for these products.
- Supports IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM Workload Deployer and IBM WebSphere Adapters.
IBM Rational SOMA 2.9 practice guidance
- Guides you through the processes of candidate service identification and service and solution specification.
- Is based on extensive IBM Global Services SOA engagement experience.
- Offers tooling that helps identify and specify services using the Service-oriented architecture Modeling Language (SoaML) and SoaML-based modeling accelerators, which are micro-patterns of common service specification constructs that you can easily apply to service models to speed the modeling process.
- Provides built-in transformations for UML to C++ and C++ to UML.
- Provides transformations for gathering service representations to participate in model execution-based simulations and for discovery of candidate services. These include WSDL to UML, Plain-Old Java Object (POJO) to UML, and EJB Session bean to UML.
- Provides general purpose SOA realization transformations. These include UML Activity to SoaML, BPMN to SoaML, UML to WSDL/XSD, and XSD to UML.
- Provides SOA realization transformations that produce outputs consumable by IBM WebSphere Integration Developer. These transformations are for developing solutions that run on IBM WebSphere Process Server including UML to Services Component Description Language and UML to BPEL.
- Provides tools for designing Java EE solutions including UML-to-EJB and EJB-to-UML transformations.
- Enables you to create and design web services based on the REST architectural style. You can also design and develop Java EE applications based on Apache Struts Framework.
- Integrates with IBM WebSphere Business Modeler. Opening process models automatically renders them as UML activity and use-case models. You can use these models to identify candidate services and specify service interactions.
- Provides a UML notation-based graphical editor for WSDL, along with C/C++ Development Tools (CDT) and C++ graphical code editors and visualizers.
Rational Software Architect Extension for SOA and WebSphere resources