Create deployment specifications to reduce risks and improve communications
IBM® Rational® Software Architect for Deployment Planning enhances Rational Software Architect by enabling you to create deployment specifications. This extension provides topology templates and deployment models to help ensure your software solutions deploy correctly on the first attempt. Now you can reduce development risks and improve communications throughout development operations.
Rational Software Architect Extension for Deployment Planning provides:
- Deployment planning based on semantically and visually rich deployment topology models.
- Tool palettes and templates to enable reuse and standardization.
- Flexibility to meet your needs for cloud computing, IBM WebSphere® Application Server configurations, and integration with IBM Tivoli® Application Dependency Discovery Manager.
- Integrates with Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Eclipse, enabling conceptual representations—UML and Service-oriented architecture Modeling Language (SoaML)—and concrete representations—enterprise archive (EAR) and web archive (WAR)—of to-be-deployed software to be mapped to deployment plans.
- Provides deployment planning tools that help ensure the environmental and non-functional requirements of to-be-deployed software are fulfilled by a correctly configured infrastructure.
- Works with the IBM Rational Software Architect Extension for Deployment Automation Planning to automate and provision infrastructure configuration and deployment of software solutions.
Tool palettes and templates
- Includes representations of many infrastructure technology domains that encapsulate extensive knowledge of the technology’s capabilities and configuration points.
- Allows you to create and reuse infrastructure topology and deployment plan templates (patterns) to enable standardization and speed deployment planning.
- Supports topology reporting with the Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT).
- Supports publishing topologies directly to the IBM SmartCloud™ Enterprise through cloud client application programming interface (API).
- Offers support to configure IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deploy, model IBM WebSphere Portal Platform, and discover WebSphere Application Server configuration from IBM Tivoli Application Discovery Dependency Manager.
- Integrates with Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager for creation of topologies and templates. These templates are based on actual provisioned infrastructure and live configuration data registered in the IBM Tivoli Change and Configuration Management Database.
Rational Software Architect Extension for Deployment Planning resources