Prevent the costly impact of poor application performance
Explore how you can extend performance testing with load generation capacity in a pay-as-you-go model through the IBM cloud. This limited-time, no-charge trial is available to users of Rational Performance Test Server and Rational Performance Tester. To obtain your trial code, see the banner below.
IBM® Rational® Performance Test Server is a workload test engine that allows you to validate application performance and scalability. The solution maximizes use of your test infrastructure to quickly deploy load scenarios and create large-scale system test activity.
Rational Performance Test Server helps you test the performance of your applications and resolve problems before they become costly.
- Apply complex performance test scenarios using an efficient and scalable test engine.
- Identify and manage run-time problems using event and integrated resource monitoring.
- Accelerate analysis of test results with available and customizable reports.
- Benefit from integration with other tools to improve performance results and quality management.
Apply complex performance test scenarios
- Take advantage of a sophisticated yet easy-to-use workload schedule and test engine.
- Use load stage modeling to simulate workloads that change over time. You can collect and compare performance metrics for each stage to analyze multiple scenarios in a single test run.
- Reuse functional integration tests and blend different interactions to view performance of all components in your composite application.
- Validate application service-level agreements (SLAs) and quality of results at the end of a test run. You can specify criteria at the request, web page and transaction level, or server health resource counters.
Identify and manage run-time problems
- Track real-time events in a multiple-user test run to discover and manage run-time problems. You can also define and identify run-time conditions that could invalidate test results.
- Monitor test event alerts and virtual user activity in real time, and analyze activity in detail.
- Correlate server resource statistics with response time measurements to assess server health and identify resource bottlenecks.
- Gather data from a variety of web and application servers, databases, Java virtual machines (JVMs), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) devices, and Windows and Linux performance monitoring tools.
Accelerate analysis of test results
- Generate performance and throughput reports in real time to detect performance problems at any point in a test run.
- Use multiple filtering and configuration options for reports that can be set before, during and after a test run.
- Review performance trends from one build to another.
- Use additional reports to conduct deeper analysis of test results such as response time percentile distributions.
Benefit from integration with other tools
- Integrates with IBM Rational Application Performance Analyzer to help you identify performance problems down to the web application code level.
- Provides support for a broad set of web and enterprise applications such as Ajax and Dojo, SAP, Citrix, Oracle E-Business Suite and integration technology from TIBCO, Software AG and more.
- Integrates with IBM Rational Quality Manager and collaborative lifecycle management (CLM) to ensure alignment with business objectives and visibility into quality management activities.
Rational Performance Test Server resources