Reuse and transform your existing applications
IBM® Rational® Host Access Transformation Services (HATS) extends mission critical terminal applications to the web, mobile, portal, rich client, or as standard SOAP or RESTful web services without touching the existing application. No rewriting, refactoring, or access to application source code is required. This low risk HATS transformation can reduce training costs, increase end user productivity and satisfaction, and enable re-use of proven business logic in new applications.
- Dynamic user interface transformation: With HATS tunable default rendering and screen customization capability, all the screens of your existing application can be rendered with a new, intuitive user interface.
- Web services creation: Using a wizard based flow recorder and a visual editor, create SOAP or RESTful web services without programming.
- Intuitive application navigation: Simplify and customize application navigation with macros and screen combinations, simplify application input with global variables, and use business logic and standard web development to augment the terminal application with data from other sources.
- Extensive deployment and access options: HATS applications can be deployed to web, portal, and Eclipse RCP runtime environments, and can be accessed by a large variety of web browsers, including mobile browsers. This gives you the freedom to choose the option(s) that meet the needs of your end users and infrastructure.
Dynamic user interface transformation:
- HATS default rendering handles all screens of the application. Within minutes of creating a HATS project, see transformation of terminal application components like function keys and menu items to intuitive links, buttons, or text with images
- HATS screen customizations enable further transformation. For example, using visual editing tools, transform the text-based user interface with HATS widgets, such as drop-downs, calendars, tables, and radio buttons
- Use global rules and text replacement for specific transformations across the entire application, for specific components, or for a specific screen
- Support for 3270 and 5250 terminal applications
Web service creation:
- Creation of standard web services and JavaBeans enables flexible reuse of terminal application business logic in new business processes and applications
- Create screen flows, defining inputs and outputs using a wizard-based macro recorder and then customize further using the Visual Macro Editor
- Support for standard JAX-WS SOAP, JAX-RPC, and JAX-RS RESTful web services
- Support for 3270, 5250, and VT terminal applications
Intuitive application navigation:
- Increase end user productivity and simplify screen navigations with macros and screen combinations
- Reduce data entry errors by using HATS global variables to store data, prefill drop-downs or popups, and input information on behalf of the end user
- Use business logic to augment the terminal application by aggregating terminal application data with other data sources
- Customize access for a specific set of users (for example, internet self-help)
Extensive deployment and access options:
- Create standard web applications for deployment to WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Liberty Profile, Bluemix server, Geronimo, and WebLogic. Standard, secure HTTP access offers reduced costs, with no workstation client to install, administer, and maintain
- Create JSR 286 and JSR 168 portlets with the HATS toolkit and portal tooling for deployment to WebSphere Portal Server. Portlets offer aggregation of terminal applications content into a customized portal view for a unified user experience
- Mobile browser support for access to mission critical host data for mobile workers when and where they need it for improved customer service and time savings
- Eclipse Rich Client deployment offers integration at the desktop with other Eclipse-based applications, client side processing, and a rich user interface
Rational Host Access Transformation Services resources