Accelerate innovation of global software development on a unified platform
IBM® Rational® Synergy is a task-based, software configuration management (SCM) solution that brings together global, distributed development teams on a unified platform. Rational Synergy provides capabilities that help software and systems development teams work and collaborate faster and easier.
Rational Synergy software helps software delivery teams manage the complexity of global collaboration and boosts overall productivity.
- Unifies global, distributed teams on a central configuration and release management platform.
- Automates processes and tasks using the task-based configuration management (TBCM) common language, increasing developer productivity and collaboration.
- Provides advanced baseline and release management capabilities to help maintain quality and avoid duplication of effort.
- Helps support software reuse and component-based development for increased return on investment (ROI) and cost savings.
- Delivers a highly scalable platform that integrates with other Rational software products and IBM Business Partner products.
Unifies global, distributed teams
- The high-performance, wide area network (WAN) access allows distributed teams to carry out operations at local area network (LAN)-like speeds, increasing productivity and reducing the overhead of having multiple servers.
- The single SCM repository manages all artifacts related to software development, including source code, documents, and the final software executables and libraries.
- Software changes and tasks are synchronized in real time, so dispersed teams can collaborate in a cohesive fashion over the global delivery framework.
- With fast backup performance for IBM Informix® databases, downtimes are reduced and maintenance activities can be planned more efficiently. This helps achieve availability around the clock with overlapping time zones and agile practices.
Automates processes and tasks
- The common language of TBCM helps users interact with the project and each other in a consistent manner.
- Work assignments and tasks can be added to multiple release streams, simplifying parallel development.
- The task-based approach helps you customize the standard workflow so it can match the team’s preferred methodology.
- Process customization helps you achieve the development methodology—from agile or hybrid to industry-specific—so you can realize process maturity and capability.
Provides advanced baseline and release management capabilities
- Plan, track and centrally administer multiple projects and releases across your organization.
- Easily determine all the files and logical changes that are contained within a particular release. Automatic detection helps ensure complete and consistent builds.
- Safely remove a high-impact change and incorporate it into a subsequent release.
Helps support software reuse and component-based development
- Software reuse helps accelerate development and reduce duplication of effort.
- The component repository allows software components to be uniquely identified and versioned for ease of reuse.
- Software components can be used as building blocks to develop other systems, reducing the cost of development.
- Product lines, parallel development and conflict detection provide greater efficiency and effectiveness in managing your software development lifecycle.
Delivers a highly scalable platform
- Provides the advantage of a scalable, integrated platform that enforces governance, validates compliance, provides real-time visibility, reduces administrative overhead and increases overall agility.
- Integrates with IBM Rational Change software to provide a single view of your development status simultaneously with the impact of change requests.
- Supports multiple operating systems including Microsoft® Windows®, Oracle Solaris, IBM AIX®, Red Hat Enterprise Linux®, SUSE Enterprise Linux, VMware ESX and Citrix.
Rational Synergy resources