A collaborative, model-based systems engineering development environment
IBM® Rational® Rhapsody® Designer for Systems Engineers is a model-based systems engineering (MBSE) environment using the industry-standard Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and Unified Modeling Language (UML). It helps you adapt to changing customer requirements, improves productivity and reduces time-to-market with advanced validation and simulation features.
Rational Rhapsody Designer for Systems Engineers provides:
- Simulation and model execution—to validate system behavior early
- Requirements analysis and traceability—to perform trade studies and design structural and behavioral aspects of your systems.
- Team collaboration—to manage the complexity of developing consistent designs across different environments.
- Visual development—to capture designs graphically, using industry-standard SysML and UML, or with Domain Specific Languages (DSL) such as AUTOSAR.
- Lifecycle support and add-on software—to enable full product lifecycle development through integration with IBM Rational products and other software.
Simulation and model execution
- Eliminate model defects earlier by using animation features for design-level debugging.
- Debug design at a higher level of abstraction with animation support.
- View highlighted active state in statecharts by injecting events, calling operations and stepping through the model.
- Facilitate trade study analysis and architectural trade-offs using the parametric constraint solver for SysML parametric diagrams.
- Automate requirements testing with IBM Rational TestConductor Add On to ensure consistency of design after requirements change.
Requirements analysis and traceability
- Enable visualization of complex requirements and maintain design consistency with SysML and UML modeling.
- Store requirements in design elements and test cases, providing traceability information within the model.
- Support full requirements traceability to and from the design, allowing you to view how a requirement change impacts the design.
- Support traceability to implementation through integration with IBM Rational Rhapsody Developer and IBM Rational Rhapsody Architect for Software.
- Includes static model checking analysis, which helps improve model consistency and completeness.
- Allows you to share and review designs with the extended team using IBM Rational Design Manager.
- Integrates design and development functions into one cohesive environment.
- Features an advanced model browser to quickly sort, organize and edit models.
- Includes graphical model comparisons and merging of model elements to enable teams to work in parallel.
- Enables visualization of complex requirements with UML, SysML AUTOSAR, Modeling and Analysis of Real-Time Embedded systems (MARTE) or DDS.
- Supports DSL for creating unique diagrams and diagram elements.
- Improves design consistency with the static model checking analysis.
Lifecycle support and add-on software
- Integrate with IBM Rational DOORS®, IBM Rational Systems Architect, IBM Rational Team Concert™ and IBM Rational ClearCase®.
- Create artifacts for US Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), British Ministry of Defense Architectural Framework (MODAF) and Unified Profile for DoDAF/MODAF (UPDM).
- Develop graphical panels for visual mock ups of a design using IBM Rational Rhapsody Tools and Utilities Add On software.
- Interface to requirements management tools such as Rational DOORS, IBM Rational RequisitePro® and other requirements authoring tools.
Rational Rhapsody Designer for Systems Engineers resources