Collaborative systems engineering, architecture and design
IBM® Rational® Rhapsody® Architect for Systems Engineers is an integrated, systems engineering environment for analyzing project requirements. It uses Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and Unified Modeling Language (UML) to enable rapid requirements analysis and visual, model-based design.
Rational Rhapsody Architect for System Engineers helps systems engineering teams design complex functionality in less time.
- Requirements analysis—uses SysML and UML to help you analyze requirements, perform trade studies with parametric constraint evaluator and design structural and behavioral aspects.
- Requirements traceability—link requirements to design elements and test cases to help ensure coverage and assess impact of change
- Team collaboration—helps teams collaborate to manage the complexity of developing consistent designs across different environments.
- Visual development—graphically captures designs using industry-standard SysML and UML, or Domain Specific Languages (DSL) such as AUTOSAR.
- Lifecycle support and add-on software—integrates with other IBM Rational products for full product lifecycle development including OSLC integration through Rational Rhapsody Design Manager. Plus, you can extend the functionality of Rational Rhapsody Architect for System Engineers with optional add-on software.
- Enables visualization of complex requirements and maintains design consistency using UML and SysML modeling.
- Stores requirements in design elements and test cases, providing traceability information within the model.
- Includes parametric constraint solver for SysML parametric diagrams, which facilitates trade study analysis and architectural trade-offs.
- Provides static model checking analysis, which helps improve model consistency and model completeness.
- Supports full requirements traceability to and from the design. When a requirement is changed, you can view how the change impacts the design.
- Performs coverage analysis using the IBM Rational Rhapsody Gateway feature. This feature is included with the optional IBM Rational Rhapsody Tools and Utilities Add On software.
- Exports traceability information to IBM Rational DOORS® or IBM Rational RequisitePro® for further analysis.
- Directly reference your requirements stored in Jazz using Rhapsody Design Manager to avoid need to synchronize data
- You can use IBM Rational Design Manager to share and review designs with your extended team.
- The advanced model browser allows teams of engineers to quickly sort, organize and edit their models.
- Graphical model comparisons and merging of model elements enables teams to work in parallel.
- Enables visualization of complex requirements with UML, SysML or DSLs such as AUTOSAR, MARTE or DDS.
- Create your own unique diagrams and diagram elements using UML profiles to tailor the development environment to fit your needs
Lifecycle support and add-on software
- Rational Rhapsody Architect for Systems Engineers integrates with IBM Rational products—such as IBM Rational DOORS®, IBM Rational Systems Architect, IBM Rational Team ConcertTM, IBM Rational ClearCase® and others—for full product lifecycle development.
- IBM Rational Rhapsody for DoDAF, MODAF, and UPDM Add On software enables you to create US Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), British Ministry of Defense Architectural Framework (MODAF) and Unified Profile for DoDAF/MODAF (UPDM) artifacts.
- IBM Rational Rhapsody Tools and Utilities Add On software includes a customizable, template-based documentation utility.
Rational Rhapsody Architect for Systems Engineers resources