Visual development and validation of embedded software
IBM® Rational® Rhapsody® Developer is a visual development environment for embedded, real time or technical application software development based on the Unified Modeling Language (UML). It helps to improve productivity throughout the embedded software development lifecycle—from requirements capture to implementation, test and deployment. Now you can reduce time-to-market of new products with automated software development processes, early validation and enhanced model testing.
Rational Rhapsody Developer delivers:
- Full embedded application generation—generates behavioral code for statecharts and build artifacts to automate application development.
- Simulation and model-based testing—enables use of execution to validate designs early and automate testing through the IBM Rational Rhapsody TestConductor add-on product.
- Requirements traceability—stores requirements in design elements and test cases, providing traceability information within the model.
- Team collaboration—helps respond to changes in an agile fashion while maintaining consistency for different environments.
- Lifecycle support and add-on software—provides a visual development environment integrated within the IBM Rational systems and software engineering platform for full product lifecycle development. Plus, you can extend the functionality of Rational Rhapsody Developer with optional add-on software products and application programming interfaces (APIs).
Full embedded application generation
- Generates application code for the C, C++, Java and Ada languages including architectural and behavioral views (statecharts, activity diagrams).
- Enables you to import and visualize existing C, C++, Java, Ada and C# code for reference, or develop further with Rational Rhapsody Developer.
- Synchronizes changes in design or code to keep both in sync.
- Improves performance of continuous build by generating application and build artifacts for multiple components; targets leading embedded development and real time operating systems (RTOS) in parallel on multiple cores.
- Supports Eclipse platform integration for an integrated code, model and debug environment.
Simulation and model-based testing
- Use animation features for on demand help with design-level debugging of the model as it is being built to help eliminate defects early. Animation support allows you to control the design as you would with a traditional debugger, but at a higher level of abstraction.
- Automate test creation and execution using Rational Rhapsody TestConductor add-on software, and validation automation including TUV Certificate for ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 for use in development of applications requiring those standards.
- Visualize and analyze complex requirements with UML, SysML or domain-specific languages (DSL) such as AUTOSAR, DDS, or MARTE or create your own DSL.
- Co-simulate with the Mathworks Simulink integration for validation of architecture, control systems and plant models.
- Provides full requirements traceability from the design back to the requirements.
- Enables view of latest information through IBM Rational Rhapsody Design Manager using single source of truth workflow with requirements.
- Generates requirements information into the code to assist traceability in the final implementation for compliance with safety standards.
- Provides a parametric constraint solver for SysML parametric diagrams, which facilitates trade study analysis and architectural trade-offs.
- Includes static model checking analysis, which helps improve model consistency and model completeness.
- Rational Rhapsody Design Manager allows you to share and review designs with the extended team.
- The advanced model browser allows teams of engineers to quickly sort, organize and edit their models.
- Graphical model comparisons and merging of model elements enables teams to work in parallel.
- New Guide Me content shortens training periods, providing step-by-step instructions on applying IBM Rational Rhapsody for systems engineering, embedded software development and testing.
Lifecycle support and add-on software
- Rational Rhapsody Developer integrates with Rational products—such as IBM Rational DOORS®, IBM Rational Systems Architect, IBM Rational Team Concert™, IBM Rational ClearCase® and others—for full product lifecycle development.
- IBM Rational Rhapsody for DoDAF, MODAF, and UPDM add-on software enables you to create US Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), British Ministry of Defense Architectural Framework (MODAF) and Unified Profile for DoDAF/MODAF (UPDM) artifacts.
- IBM Rational Rhapsody Tools and Utilities add-on software provides graphical panels for visual mock-ups of a design; customizable, template-based documentation; and the Mathworks Simulink integration for modeling and simulation of architecture combined with plant models. It also includes IBM Rational Rhapsody Gateway, which provides an advanced interface to requirements management tools such as Rational DOORS, IBM Rational RequisitePro® and other requirements authoring tools.
- IBM Rational Rhapsody Automatic Test Generation add-on software provides automatic test generation for Rational Rhapsody models, helping to facilitate greater test coverage.
- IBM Rational Rhapsody Developer Rules Composer add-on software provides customizable rules for code generation to meet the required standards or to generate other programming languages not currently supported.
Rational Rhapsody Developer resources
Visual development and validation of embedded software
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available for purchase online.