Quality and test management for value-driven software or product delivery
IBM® Rational® Quality Manager is a collaborative hub for business-driven software and systems quality across virtually any platform and type of testing. This software helps teams share information seamlessly, use automation to accelerate project schedules and report on metrics for informed release decisions.
Rational Quality Manager helps quality assurance teams:
- Collaborate—share project information and status updates seamlessly so team members can synchronize teamwork throughout the lifecycle.
- Automate—reduce labor-intensive activities to accelerate project schedules.
- Govern—understand and report on project metrics to enable accurate, reliable and timely release decisions.
- Test plans clearly describe project quality goals and exit criteria, while tracking responsibilities and prioritized items for verification and validation.
- Built on Java® and Web 2.0 technology, teams collaborate by simply opening a browser.
- Use customizable dashboards made from a large set of predefined widgets for a clear understanding of the completed and remaining work
- Duplicate defect identification scans existing defects associated with a variety of related artifacts, providing a list of suspect duplicates to minimize unnecessary team efforts.
- Support communication among teams that are geographically dispersed using features such as event feeds, integrated chat, review and approval and automated traceability.
- Includes a comprehensive text editor that can capture textual test steps alongside embedded images for accelerating manual testing using rich-text, in-line images, and assisted data entry and validation for precise text definition and execution.
- Enables test reuse using keywords, which allow testers to share common steps between tests.
- Automatically identifies and selects the minimum number of tests required for a given level of environment coverage, optimizing configuration coverage within time and resource constraints.
- Provides risk-based testing for prioritizing the features and functions to be tested based on importance and likelihood or impact of failure, supporting risk management best practices.
- Uses test lab management for tracking, scheduling and executing tests on physical and virtual lab assets.
- Take informed decisions and make proactive change with real-time analysis and actionable reporting.
- Address the needs and concerns of quality managers, business analysts and release management using advanced reporting capabilities, making it easier to assess readiness for delivery.
- Enable full lifecycle versioning and traceability from requirements and tests to defects and remediation.
Rational Quality Manager featured resources