No-charge tool simplifies the development of rich Web 2.0 applications
Rational EGL Community Edition:
- Increases productivity with an Eclipse-based development environment, rapid web service creation, database support and other features to speed development time.
- Server-side code is complied into Java®-based web services.
- End-to-end debug of client and server-side code is supported. You can quickly run and debug both client-side and server-side logic without deploying any code to a server.
- Eclipse-based development tool creates a highly productive environment for developing EGL code. You can build rich EGL applications using the Rational EDG Community Edition visual editor. You can use advanced capabilities such as code refactoring and searching to further enhance the development process.
- Simplified and rapid web service creation enables you to quickly develop and deploy services such as SOAP and REST with XML or JSON output. Dedicated services allow you to build end-to-end applications without knowing or specifying the endpoint URL as part of the application.
- Database support allows you to easily access data stored in databases, such as IBM DB2® and MySQL, and modernize traditional programs and transactions.
- Visual editing tools support the development of rich, responsive web user interfaces, utilizing Dojo widgets. This simplified programming model includes a widget library that includes a subset of Dojo Dijit and DojoX widgets.
Rational EGL Community Edition resources