Bridge the gaps between customers, requirements and deliverables
Rational DOORS Next Generation
Free 60 day web trial
Try it now
IBM® Rational® DOORS® Next Generation offers a smarter way to manage your requirements that can help your teams reduce development costs by up to 57%, accelerate time to market by up to 20%, and lower cost of quality by up to 69%. Designed for collaboration, Rational DOORS Next Generation provides a single platform for managing requirements so that your teams can work more effectively across disciplines, time zones and supply chains.
IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation is ideal for:
- Word processor or spreadsheet users to gain transparency, minimize rework and increase reusability by having all their requirements available from a secure, central and accessible location.
- Systems and software engineering teams to improve collaboration and project agility through concurrent editing, automated versioning and effective prioritization.
- Requirements management solution users to increase traceability and visibility of changes across the product lifecycle for faster impact assessment and better quality.
- Rational DOORS 9 users who want a single-server or purely web-based requirements solution for stronger collaboration among multi-disciplinary product development teams.
Rational Requirements Composer users, please note that Rational Requirements Composer has been renamed to Rational DOORS Next Generation
Word processors or spreadsheet users
- Understand what changes have happened – who made them, when they were made and what they affect (edit history).
- Organize, trace and link priorities and requirements across the development lifecycle.
- View history, reviews and discussion comments within the context of the document.
- Create multiple views with a different perspective of data, based on filters and display settings for different user roles and tasks.
- Take advantage of predefined or customizable documents and project templates.
Systems and software engineering teams
- Access requirements databases concurrently across multiple users without conflict or disruption, while ensuring that teams use consistent terminology with an integrated glossary.
- Visualize information through customizable dashboards and automated reporting.
- Edit, author and analyze artifacts on a feature-rich web client that also supports web client editors and commercial servers.
- Import documents, CSVs and ReqIF or work with the provided project and module templates.
- Maintain compliance with industry standards and regulations with better requirement management.
Requirements management solution users
- Explore information with more granularity with individually managed information and artifacts.
- Assess the impact of changes quickly by linking change requests to requirements.
- Drag and drop traceability is supported.
- Utilize proven, pre-built models and templates for certification and compliance.
Rational DOORS 9 users
- Access a single server solution across disciplines, time zones and teams.
- Integrate with IBM Rational Team Concert™, IBM Rational Quality Manager and IBM Rational Rhapsody® Design Manager on IBM Jazz™ collaborative lifecycle management platform.
- Migrate easily from Rational DOORS using a built-in migration tool.
- Take advantage of the modern web-based user interface.
IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation resources