Bridge the gaps between customers, requirements and deliverables
IBM® Rational® DOORS® Next Generation offers a smarter way to manage your requirements that can help your teams reduce development costs by up to 57%, accelerate time to market by up to 20%, and lower cost of quality by up to 69%. Designed for collaboration, Rational DOORS Next Generation provides a single platform for managing requirements so that your teams can work more effectively across disciplines, time zones and supply chains.
IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation is ideal for:
- Word processor or spreadsheet users to gain transparency, minimize rework and increase reusability by having all their requirements available from a secure, central and accessible location.
- Systems and software engineering teams to improve collaboration and project agility through concurrent editing, automated versioning and effective prioritization.
- Requirements management solution users to increase traceability and visibility of changes across the product lifecycle for faster impact assessment and better quality.
- Rational DOORS 9 users who want a single-server or purely web-based requirements solution for stronger collaboration among multi-disciplinary product development teams.
Rational Requirements Composer users, please note that Rational Requirements Composer has been renamed to Rational DOORS Next Generation
Word processors or spreadsheet users
- Understand what changes have happened – who made them, when they were made and what they affect (edit history).
- Organize, trace and link priorities and requirements across the development lifecycle.
- View history, reviews and discussion comments within the context of the document.
- Create multiple views with a different perspective of data, based on filters and display settings for different user roles and tasks.
- Take advantage of predefined or customizable documents and project templates.
Systems and software engineering teams
- Access requirements databases concurrently across multiple users without conflict or disruption, while ensuring that teams use consistent terminology with an integrated glossary.
- Visualize information through customizable dashboards and automated reporting.
- Edit, author and analyze artifacts on a feature-rich web client that also supports web client editors and commercial servers.
- Import documents, CSVs and ReqIF or work with the provided project and module templates.
- Maintain compliance with industry standards and regulations with better requirement management.
Requirements management solution users
- Explore information with more granularity with individually managed information and artifacts.
- Assess the impact of changes quickly by linking change requests to requirements.
- Drag and drop traceability is supported.
- Utilize proven, pre-built models and templates for certification and compliance.
Rational DOORS 9 users
- Access a single server solution across disciplines, time zones and teams.
- Integrate with IBM Rational Team Concert™, IBM Rational Quality Manager and IBM Rational Rhapsody® Design Manager on IBM Jazz™ collaborative lifecycle management platform.
- Migrate easily from Rational DOORS using requirements interchange format (ReqIF).
- Take advantage of the modern web-based user interface.
IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation resources
Advanced Requirements Management for Complex Systems Engineering
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Download software online after purchase - no shipping costs!