A UML-based, visual requirements modeling facility
IBM Rational DOORS Analyst Add On provides requirements modeling capability for creating models, pictures, and diagrams of requirements within IBM Rational DOORS. This modeling facility enables requirements analysts to supplement textual requirements with pictures and visualize and simulate complex systems based on Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Systems Modeling Language (SysML).
- Requirements capture: Provides requirements capture ability through a visual modeling environment.
- Requirements clarification: Helps to clarify textual requirements by augmenting them with intuitive, visual models.
- Integration: Integrates with IBM Rational Tau to export models to Tau for reuse by system architects and software developers.
- Standard specification: Helps visualize, represent, and understand complicated operational and systems architectures by supporting most of the views defined in the DoDAF specifications.
- Traceability: Links Rational DOORS textual requirements to UML model elements to help ensure full traceability.
- Provides a model-aware environment to help you create models with fewer errors.
- Stores models in the Rational DOORS requirements database.
- Archives modules and projects and restores them using the same functionality found in Rational DOORS, including traceability links.
- Clarifies requirements and creates a common understanding among all team members.
- Offers full access to the UML meta-model to help define profiles and domain specific languages (DSL) and notations.
- Reuses existing Rational Tau models without the need to recreate them in Rational DOORS Analyst Add On.
- Accesses models under development either from Rational DOORS Analyst Add On or Rational Tau.
- Clones and edits shared models.
- Executes the captured model in Rational DOORS by animating the static model, using the Rational Tau model simulation and execution engine.
Rational DOORS Analyst Add-on resources