Performance dashboard supports intelligent data collection, indicators and best practices
IBM® Rational® Dashboard is a performance dashboard. This web-based application helps automate the collection, measurement and analysis of data. It can help you determine how well your projects are performing relative to your goals using intelligent data collection, indicators and a best-practice library.
Rational Dashboard provides:
- Integrated management platform—for defining metric policy and deployment across your projects. Managers enter project plans and select business rules for determining status.
- Performance measurement and project visibility—including a management-by-exception feature. Now you can drill down through multiple management levels to see which projects require your attention.
- Best-practice libraries and compliance tracking—to help you achieve business success. Now you can ensure your projects meet industry benchmarks for performance, use best practices and comply with regulations.
Integrated management platform
- Using built-in integration, Rational Dashboard collects data from across your infrastructure including IBM Rational Change, IBM Rational Synergy and IBM Rational DOORS®. Rational Dashboard also collects data from third-party applications such as Microsoft® Project, Microsoft Excel, SQL Server and HP Quality Center.
- Rational Dashboard stores and analyzes data and automatically updates project status.
- Built-in process guidelines and best practices help ensure managers have effective tools for determining on-going project performance.
Performance measurement and project visibility
- Rational Dashboard automatically evaluates collected data, and analyzes it against rules and targets.
- The management-by-exception feature enhances visibility. It lets managers quickly drill through multiple management levels, filter projects by status and review the performance of a single project.
- With color-coded status and alert emails, managers can quickly spot problem areas during any phase of the project lifecycle. They can assess and correct issues affecting requirements, software size, quality, configuration management and scheduling.
- Security and access controls help ensure only managers who need access to a specific project's data will receive it.
Best-practice libraries and compliance tracking
- Rational Dashboard provides functions to automate and perform management tasks. They include establishing measurement objectives and specifying measures and procedures for storing, analyzing and communicating results.
- Rational Dashboard helps track compliance by providing built-in best-practice and guidance libraries. They are flexible and configurable to meet the needs of almost any organization.