QMF Analytics: Anytime, Anyplace, Anyone
IBM® DB2® Query Management Facility™ (QMF) for z/OS provides a zero-footprint, mobile-enabled, highly secure business analytics solution. It offers visual reports and dashboards, and is available across all interfaces, including mobile devices. QMF can access structured and unstructured data sources across platforms. This includes z Systems data such as VSAM, DB2, IMS, ADABAS, and non-System z sources such as Teradata, Hadoop, Spark, relational databases, website data and more.
Query Management Facility can help your organization:
- Apply analytics to a broad spectrum of data sources across platforms
- Expose insights while keeping the data in place
- Provide self-service Business Intelligence
- Increase the speed of business decisions with fast access to enterprise data
Apply analytics to a broad spectrum of data sources
- Accesses System z data sources such as VSAM, IMS, DB2, ADABAS and more
- Accesses unstructured and structured data sources across platforms, such as relational databases, web data or Spark.
- Licensed for the enterprise, so there is no charge per user or per user type
Expose insights while keeping the data in place
- Create analytics from different data sources, without moving the data, using QMF’s “logical” data source
- Access live System z enterprise data with minimal impact to the transactional systems
- Reduce the need for data extractions (ETL), decreasing batch windows and CPU consumption.
Provide Self-Service Business Intelligence
- Visualize reports, accessing all the data you need, using a simple web interface
- Allows you to build dashboards and reports once, and deploy everywhere.
- Share dashboards instantly with team members and collaborate on actionable insights
Increase the speed of business decisions with fast access to enterprise data
- Exploits System z architecture with in-memory processing, and technologies such as MapReduce, for fast access to System z data.
- Integrates with the IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator to help improve response times for unpredictable, complex or long-running queries.
- Maximizes zIIP engines use, decreasing mainframe consumption and costs.
DB2 Query Management Facility resources