High-performance data access platform
IBM® InfoSphere® Optim™ pureQuery® Runtime for Linux, UNIX and Windows is a data access platform that can improve performance, security and manageability of database client applications. It provides a runtime environment and an application programming interface (API) that enhances the performance of existing in-house applications without having to modify them. It also helps in rapid development of new applications.
InfoSphere Optim pureQuery Runtime for Linux, UNIX and Windows helps:
- Improve performance of existing applications, including C, Java and .NET, without modifying the code.
- Accelerate development of database applications in conjunction with IBM Data Studio.
- Improve manageability with trackback to source, problem isolation and version control.
- Enhance security by reducing SQL injection risks.
- Capture, review and optimize SQL statements, including applications that use Java data access frameworks such as Hibernate, iBatis and Java Persistence API (JPA).
- Record client information to help locate clients and optimize their interaction with the database.
- Take advantage of pureQuery static execution to help reduce CPU overhead and increase IBM DB2 database server throughput.
- Improve SQL performance of both new and existing applications by using a utility, which helps locate captured SQL statements by java application package. This enables better SQL management for managing execution privileges.
- Develop application code that executes and handles results from an SQL statement more easily using the pureQuery framework within IBM Data Studio.
- Get improved error reports on batch implementation class generation. These error reports can identify the interfaces for which the implementation generator commands fail and the cause of the failure.
- Trace an SQL statement to the original application source using pureQuery.
- In conjunction with IBM InfoSphere Optim Performance Manager, track back from a deployed application to the originating line of code.
- Trace a performance issue to a specific DB2 static package to isolate problems faster. This can provide better correlation between database workload and the originating application.
- Improve version control using DB2 static SQL packages, which help simplify reverting to previous levels without requiring changes to the application.
- Use configuration scripts to install pureQuery Runtime more easily on an IBM WebSphere® Application Server platform.
- Use the authorization model associated with DB2 static SQL to help reduce sensitive data exposure. This feature grants EXECUTE privilege on individual packages rather than READ privilege on tables.
- Help ensure that applications only run approved SQL statements (including statements that are generated at run time), to lower the risk of SQL injection attacks.
InfoSphere Optim pureQuery Runtime for Linux, UNIX and Windows