Program management across spend, supplier and procurement initiatives
IBM® Emptoris® Program Management provides program management capabilities across spend, supplier and procurement initiatives. It offers a single tool to improve programs visibility and manage programs proactively by monitoring, measuring and tracking program progress and results. IBM Emptoris Program Management helps companies improve productivity, increase capacity, manage spending more effectively and reduce program costs.
Emptoris Program Management helps organizations:
- Improve management control and accountability by establishing a framework to manage and monitor procurement programs.
- Identify sustainable savings and help reduce risk through global coordination of savings and risk mitigation initiatives.
- Increase productivity and capacity by using a single, central workspace for better communication and collaboration.
- Aid compliance efforts by defining processes proactively and supporting compliance with corporate standards.
Improve Management Control and Accountability
- Establish a framework to manage and monitor various procurement programs, including budget and savings programs.
- Use a single tool to gain near real-time program visibility and manage key program tasks more actively.
- Monitor, measure and track program activities against goals and objectives.
- Assign procurement project tasks and track those tasks through completion.
- Link goals and tasks to specific sourcing events and contracts.
Identify sustainable savings and help reduce risk
- Track and report on savings achieved by project or task.
- Calculate annualized spend and savings automatically.
- Gain visibility into and monitor specific issues and risks at the program, project, milestone or task level.
- Manage various savings and risk initiatives in one place with standard and customizable dashboards and reports.
Increase productivity and capacity
- Track and manage organizational resources at the program, project, milestone or task level.
- Automate standard tasks and provide alerts for exception handling, reducing the effort required to manage programs and track results.
- Design business processes using a graphical modeler to improve workflow management.
- Establish a knowledge base of trusted data that can be mined for information and business insights.
Aid compliance efforts
- Establish a defined framework through which various procurement programs can be managed and monitored.
- Define business processes and support compliance with corporate and regulatory standards.
- Manage security access to and limits on procurement programs and define specific user roles.
- Actively monitor issues and risks that can impact programs and the broader organization.
- Adjust tasks automatically in reaction to various developments and risks. Prevent programs or tasks with open issues from closing.
Dashboards and Reporting
Monitor activities across multiple facets
Program, Project and Task Monitoring
Automated status changes and notifications
Configurable task rules to establish dependencies
Direct savings submissions for approvals, raise issues to management, drive requests to responsible parties
Emptoris Program Management