Rational Portfolio Manager aligns priorities, projects, and people
Project portfolio management is about aligning IT projects and investments with business priorities. It is about planning and managing individual projects and portfolios of projects to meet enterprise objectives. IBM Rational Portfolio Manager puts into practice your business strategies by automating the project portfolio lifecycle process from opportunity identification and prioritization through project execution and closure.
- Align portfolio investments with business goals.
- Gain real-time visibility to make rapid, well-informed decisions.
- Implement IT governance processes with built-in models and workflows.
- Increase collaboration between management and delivery teams.
- Operationalize best practices and automate portfolio processes.
- Monitor and control risks, issues and financials across portfolios.
- Manage skills inventory and balance resource demands.
- Gain a 360-degree view across IT and development projects.
IBM Rational Portfolio Manager is available in three components so you can assemble the license configuration most suited to your environment. It uses a flexible component approach based on user needs. Implementations of Rational Portfolio Manager frequently use a combination of three components.
- For senior managers and IT program and project managers, Rational Portfolio Manager provides complete portfolio management and capacity planning.
- For project teams, Rational Portfolio Manager Console is used to track and manage project activities.
- For professionals who need to track their time, Rational Portfolio Manager Time and Expense enables easy capture and reporting.
Please read the IBM Rational Portfolio Manager data sheet for a complete description of Rational Portfolio Manager components (page 5).
To help you get started quickly and maximize your productivity with IBM Rational products, a variety of service options are available, including technical support, professional services, and instructor-led and Web-based training. For information on service offerings, please refer to the IBM Rational Portfolio Manager solution sheet.
Click "Technical details" link for more details.
Not in United States?