Helps prevent advanced insider threats by securing, auditing privileged identities
IBM® Security Privileged Identity Manager protects, automates and audits the use of privileged identities to help thwart insider threats and improve security across the extended enterprise, including cloud environments. A virtual appliance option and redesigned user interface makes IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager simple to install and manage. The optional Privileged Session Recorder tool records privileged user endpoint activities for improved visibility and security compliance.
Another optional component, IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager for Applications, secures application-to-application credentials and tracks their use, allowing governance of those application credentials under password management policies.
IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager:
- Provides centralized privileged identity management to address insider threats, improve control and reduce risk.
- Reduces costs and overhead by providing faster time to value.
- Addresses compliance, regulatory and privacy requirements.
- Provides automated password management and single sign-on to protect access to enterprise resources.
Provides centralized privileged identity management
- Manage the provisioning, updating and recertification of privileged identities throughout the user lifecycle.
- Supports management of IBM SoftLayer® administrative accounts from an on-premise IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager environment.
- Help secure application-to-application credentials and track their use.
- Control check-in and check-out of shared identities from an encrypted credential vault.
- Improve security and compliance by logging, auditing and reporting on users with privileged credentials.
Reduces costs and overhead
- Reduce costs and overhead by providing faster time to value with a scalable virtual appliance deployment.
- Support optional integration to a separate IBM Security Identity Manager environment to simplify and optimize the maintenance of each.
- Streamline the loading of privileged user credentials into an encrypted Credential Vault.
- Improve ROI using common identity management and support for applications and resources.
Addresses compliance, regulatory and privacy requirements
- Create a permanent, detailed record of privileged user endpoint activity with Privileged Session Recorder option.
- Capture both how a privileged identity was used and what a user did with it.
- Configure to enforce strict check-in and check-out of a pool of shared accounts to help ensure accountability.
- Record steps of authentication and privileged account actions in a detailed audit trail.
Provides automated password management and single sign-on
- Eliminate the need for privileged users and shared accounts to share passwords.
- Offer timed automatic check-in that gives users a limited time to use a privileged identity.
- Provide single sign-on for each user in the group to a designated shared account—even as the password is updated.
- Allow users to request access to a privileged account using shared identity services.
- Require password resets upon check-in to help eliminate password theft and reuse—and provide a self-service interface for users to optionally check-in and check-out credentials and view passwords.
IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager resources