Identify, diagnose, solve and help prevent performance problems
IBM® InfoSphere® Optim™ Performance Manager for DB2® for Linux, UNIX and Windows helps businesses improve database and application performance and reduce costs. It provides database administrators (DBAs) and other IT staff with the information they need to manage performance proactively and help prevent problems before they impact the business. Optim Performance Manager supports monitoring of both shadow and column-organized tables.
InfoSphere Optim Performance Manager for DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows helps you:
- Identify emergent problems and receive notification of degrading performance or emerging resource bottlenecks.
- Diagnose the root cause of problems and isolate problematic components across applications, networks and databases.
- Help prevent performance problems by defining and using a more predictable database server execution environment.
- Solve performance problems by delivering problem workloads to InfoSphere Optim Query Workload Tuner to get actionable tuning recommendations.
Identify emergent problems
- Deliver thorough, ongoing database transaction monitoring with prebuilt configurations for SAP, IBM WebSphere®, IBM Cognos®, IBM InfoSphere DataStage and IBM InfoSphere Warehouse applications.
- View the cross-database landscape for centralized monitoring of database health and focus on problematic databases.
- Identify potential problems quickly and alert staff with email notification, or generate simple network management protocol (SNMP) traps for centralized enterprise management.
- Use IBM Optim Performance Manager Extended Insight to set and monitor response time objectives for high priority workloads not meeting their service level agreements (SLAs).
Diagnose the root cause of problems
- Use interactive diagnostic dashboards for trend and root cause analysis with the ability to drill down for more detailed, resource-specific information.
- Extend performance monitoring beyond the database server using Extended Insight. This enables fast isolation of the exact problem layer (database, network, driver, application or application server) affecting the application response time.
- View system and workload differences at a glance, showing deviation from defined baselines.
- Provide seamless analysis of performance data from near real time to various points in time to compare current metrics to prior periods or view trends instantly.
- Integrate with IBM InfoSphere Optim Configuration Manager to view configuration changes and with IBM SmartCloud Application Management for enterprise-wide solutions and cross-organizational collaboration.
Help prevent performance problems
- Identify high cost queries, stored procedures and workloads with powerful SQL collection and analysis.
- Utilize a repository of historical performance metrics for trend analysis, customizable and schedulable reporting, and growth planning.
- Integrate with IBM Data Studio to help developers identify and tune costly queries before deployment.
- Help prevent business disruption by using DB2 Workload Manager to allocate resources to workloads according to business priority.
- Capture and analyze near real-time and historical data for capacity planning and proactive performance management.
Solve performance problems
- Deliver problem or high-cost workloads to InfoSphere Optim Query Workload Tuner to get expert actionable tuning recommendations.
- Enable fast problem resolution using automated responses to alerts through user-defined jobs.
- Isolate problem SQL to specific source code based on metadata from InfoSphere Optim pureQuery Runtime.
InfoSphere Optim Performance Manager for DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows resources