A powerful performance test automation solution
Rational Performance Tester no-charge trial
Explore how you can extend performance testing with load generation capacity in a pay-as-you-go model through the IBM cloud. This limited-time, no-charge trial is available to users of Rational Performance Test Server and Rational Performance Tester. To obtain your trial code, see the banner above.
IBM® Rational® Performance Tester is a performance testing solution that validates the scalability of web and server applications. Rational Performance Tester identifies the presence and cause of system performance bottlenecks and reduces load testing complexity.
Rational Performance Tester helps you quickly execute performance tests that analyze the impact of load on your applications.
- Code-free testing enables you to create test scripts without programming.
- Root cause analysis tools find and diagnose the cause of performance problems.
- Real-time reporting enables immediate recognition of performance problems and renders a browser-like view of test results in web pages.
- Test data can be generated from scripts, data pools with automated variation, and the insertion of custom Java® code for flexible test customization.
- Load testing helps ensure applications are able to handle large user loads prior to deployment.
- Create test scripts without programming, saving time and reducing test complexity.
- Access the test editor to see high-level and detailed views of tests and transactional information.
- See test results displayed in a browser-like window and integrated with the test editor, which lists the web pages visited during test.
Root cause analysis tools
- Root cause analysis helps you identify both the source code and physical application tier that are causing the bottleneck.
- Sequence diagrams allow you to trace all activity that occurred just prior to the bottleneck.
- Multiple resource statistics can be viewed from any tier of the system under test, exposing hardware-related bottlenecks responsible for poor performance.
- Generates performance and throughput reports in real time, offering immediate awareness of performance problems at any time during a test.
- Provides multiple filtering and configuration options that can be set before, during and after a test run.
- Shows performance trends from one build to another. System performance metrics help you make critical application release decisions.
- Performs deeper analysis at the conclusion of the test with reports on items such as response time percentile distributions.
- Offers flexible modeling and emulation of diverse user populations while minimizing the memory and processor footprint.
- Provides a spreadsheet interface to enter unique data, or pre-existing data can be imported from any text-based source.
- Allows the insertion of custom Java code into performance tests to perform activities such as advanced data analysis and request parsing.
- Supports load testing against a broad base of applications such as HTTP, SAP, Siebel, SIP, TCP Socket and Citrix.
- Supports testing user loads from remote machines using an execution agent.
- Provides a flexible graphical test scheduler where load can be specified by proportional user groups.
- Enables automated data relationship management to identify and maintain application data relationships for accurate load simulation.
Rational Performance Tester resources