Comprehensive connectivity and access to host data
IBM® Personal Communications is a host communication and terminal emulation package for Microsoft® Windows® that features virtual terminal (VT) Emulation, systems network architecture (SNA) application support, integration and connectivity. Personal Communications is a key component of IBM® Host Access Client Package and IBM® Host Integration Solution.
Personal Communications provides a platform for traditional access to data and applications on different host systems.
- Delivers one solution for host access to your mission-critical business systems.
- Gives a more secure network for transmitting mission-critical data.
- Provides development support for added flexibility and extension of network investments.
- Boosts user productivity with time-saving utilities.
Delivers one solution for host access
- Replaces outdated, disparate communication tools with one solution for access to mainframe applications and data.
- Handles a wide variety of protocols, including ISDN, High-Performance Routing (HPR), SNA, TN3270(e), TN5250 and IP, for extensive network integration.
- Provides SNA interfaces for logical unit applications (LUA), advanced program-to-program communications (APPC) and common programming interface for communications (CPI-C) on the Microsoft Windows platform.
- Bundles Standalone Host on-Demand (HOD) client application, a Java based standalone version of IBM® Host on-Demand emulator. Thus making it a platform independent application solution for host access.
Gives you a more secure network
- Offers a fast, secure connection to employees, customers, suppliers and trading partners. Supports Transport Layer Security 1.2 (TLS) with FIPS.
- Ships the latest and more secured versions of IBM® Java Runtime Environment version 8 and IBM® Global security Kit making security a tough wall to crack.
- Allows you to configure Personal Communications to connect to security enabled servers with support for load-balancing Service Location Protocol (SLP).
- Express logon Features like Bypass Signon Using Password Substitution, Kerberos Services Ticket Auto-Signon and Certificate Express Logon
- Server Name Indication negotiation feature supported on ZO/S; a TLS extension, allows the Client-Server negotiation over GSKIT secure channel via certificates
- IBM® Personal Communications provides an option to print from display or printer sessions. It now also provides you a print preview option of collected screens which helps you decide if you wish to proceed with printing or abort and collect different screens.
- Provides a secure FTP client for transport of data over secure connections. FTP client works for transfer of files with MVS dataset naming conventions as well.
Provides development support
- Supports Microsoft Visual Basic automation objects and VBScript, helping to preserve your future investments.
- Offers extensive application programming interface (API) support, including Emulator High-Level Language Applications Programming Interface (EHLLAPI), through programming languages such as C++ and IBM® Java Runtime Environment.
- Remote API Client is now packaged to enabled users connect to a host over SNA in 64bit environment.
- Helps you capitalize on existing investments and extend applications to web-based technologies.
Boosts user productivity
- Includes productivity tools such as Scratch Pad, Quick Connect, Find Text, and copy-paste options to augment the usability of the original green screen application.
- Debug Tools such as Trace utility are a big boost for customers generating products’ component level logs for issue Troubleshooting operation by the IBM® Product Development team.
- Provides multilingual support, including double-byte character set (DBCS) languages, euro sign support, and extensive keyboard and code-page support.
Personal Communications resources