Operations Manager for z/VM supports automated operational monitoring and management of z/VM virtual machines and Linux guests. It can help you address issues before they impact your Service Level Agreements.
Systems programmers and administrators can automate routine maintenance tasks in response to system alerts. Users are able to more easily debug problems by viewing and interacting with consoles for service machines and Linux guests. Operators have the ability to better interpret messages and determine corrective actions.
Operations Manager for z/VM:
Operations Manager for z/VM
Operations Manager for z/VM V1.4 and V1.5 run on hardware that meets the minimum specifications of the supported operating environment. All prerequisites and corequisites for these products apply. The products listed here are supported only while service is available for those products.
The following materials are available for Operations Manager for z/VM:
- PapersAutomatically Logging on a User at Linux System Boot Time for Console Management
Learn about mingetty – an autologon method that automatically logs on a user ID at Linux boot time.
Creating an Event Console with Automation for z/VM and Linux
Perform event management and automation in a way that is familiar to most z/OS system programmers.
Enabling the FACILITY Class for Use by RACF for z/VM.(PDF, 33KB)
Learn to use RACF to control access to various functions in Operations Manager.
Integrating IBM Operations Manager for z/VM with IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus
Send Event Integration Facility (EIF) events and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) traps.
Putting Operations Manager Configuration Files and Automation EXECs into Shared File System (SFS)
Implement SFS in support of these Operations Manager for z/VM files.
Routing Linux and UNIX SYSLOG data to Operations Manager for processing
Route local and remote syslog data to Operations Manager – configuring it to receive it.
- PresentationsAutomation Scenarios for a z/VM Cluster and Linux on System z Guests, Using IBM Solutions(PDF, 3.59MB), including demo scenarios, October 2013.
E-mail Tracy Dean if you would like the full presentation with screenshots
IBM Solutions for Managing z/VM and Linux on System z(PDF, 586KB), including demo scenarios, September 2013
- Publications for Operations Manager for z/VM V1.5Operations Manager for z/VM Fact Sheet(PDF, 34KB)
Operations Manager for z/VM V1.5 Installation and Administration Guide(PDF, 591KB), SC18-9347
Operations Manager for z/VM V1.5 Program Directory(PDF,221 KB), GI10-8664
- Publications for Operations Manager for z/VM V1.4Operations Manager for z/VM V1.4 Installation and Administration Guide(PDF, 576KB), SC18-9347
Operations Manager for z/VM V1.4 Program Directory(PDF, 215KB), GI10-8664
- Monitoring and performance management
- IBM Application Performance Diagnostics (APD)
- IBM SmartCloud Monitoring - Application Insight
- IBM SmartCloud Monitoring
- IBM SmartCloud Application Performance Management
- Netcool Network Management
- Operations Manager for z/VM
- Rational Performance Tester
- SmartCloud Application Performance Management Entry Edition - VM Image
- Tivoli Asset Discovery for Distributed
- Tivoli Asset Discovery for z/OS
- Tivoli Business Service Manager
- Tivoli Business Service Manager for z/OS
- Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics
- Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Applications
- Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Microsoft Applications
- Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Transactions
- Tivoli Decision Support for z/OS
- Tivoli Enterprise Console
- Tivoli ETEWatch
- Tivoli Event Pump for z/OS
- Tivoli License Compliance Manager for z/OS
- Tivoli Monitoring for Energy Management
- Tivoli Monitoring for Virtual Environments
- Tivoli Monitoring
- Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager
- Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus
- Tivoli NetView for z/OS
- Tivoli NetView Performance Monitor
- Tivoli OMEGACENTER Gateway on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON for z/OS Management Suite
- Tivoli OMEGAMON Performance Management Suite for z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON DE on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for CICS on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Expert on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Monitor on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for IMS on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Mainframe Networks
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Messaging for Distributed Systems
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Messaging for z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Storage on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for WebSphere Application Server
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for WebSphere Application Server on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for WebSphere MQ on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE on z/VM and Linux
- Tivoli Performance Analyzer
- Tivoli Performance Modeler for z/OS
- Tivoli Universal Agent
- Tivoli Web Access for Information Management