What is IBM Operational Decision Manager?
IBM® Operational Decision Manager is a full-featured platform for capturing, automating and governing frequent, repeatable business decisions. It consists of two components, IBM Decision Center and IBM Decision Server. They form the platform for managing and executing business rules and business events to help you make decisions faster, improve responsiveness, minimize risks and seize opportunities.
The Benefits of ODM
- Determine the appropriate course of action for customers, partners and internal interactions.
- Advance business outcome and detect opportunities and risks.
- Implement, test and deploy decision changes and understand how decisions are made.
“Using IBM Business Process Management and Operational Decision Manager, we define a standard that we call agile BPM that permits us to now deploy a solution in less than four hours for simple processes.”
Matteo Pizzicoli - Head of business operations - Credito Valtellinese Bankadati
Get insights and support
Operational Decision Management for Dummies
Learn how to simplify automation of your day-to-day decisions with an operational decision management (ODM) system.
Taking operational decision management to the next level
See how to use data to turn insights into action with help from IBM platforms.
IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.6 helps address decision-automation challenges by enabling organizations to build highly flexible, adaptable solutions that can detect and react to threats and opportunities and quickly adapt to changing business conditions. It provides extended control to business stakeholders to help manage the automated decisions for which they are responsible. IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.6 enables business policy updates to be managed and governed with reduced support from IT teams.
IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.6 features:
- Enhanced change management support in the Business Console feature.
- A new decision service to simplify rule deployment and governance.
- The ability for business users to define and execute test suites inside the Business Console.
- A new decision engine and incremental migration tool to help you make decisions faster, even for big rulesets.
- Greater deployment opportunities.
Enhanced change management support
- Includes deployment configurations, allowing rule changes to be deployed by business users for improved testing and impact analysis.
- Enables configurations to be defined for the same decision service supporting various testing and deployment scenarios.
- Allows users to define precisely what rule projects to deploy and on what execution environment—enabling business users to manage the decision update lifecycle from the Business Console.
A new decision service to simplify rule deployment and governance
- Provides a new management unit that allows complex decisions that involve several rules projects to be managed as one single entity.
- Strengthens the governance of rule deployment through new rule deployment artifacts manageable across both business and IT environments.
The ability for business users to define and execute test suites
- Helps business users easily and rapidly test and validate rules updates with minimum support from technical teams.
- Provides a new interface in the Business Console that enables users to define and execute their own test suites with full autonomy.
- Enables users to rapidly perform rule validation at any stage of the update process, from a simple rule change to the final release validation.
- Allows business users to immediately isolate issues and report them to the correct stakeholder in a minimal time frame.
A new decision engine and incremental migration tool
- Requires less memory and can host projects containing more than 10,000 rules.
- Provides enhanced scalability and allows existing users to use the classical rule engine.
- Is compatible with existing rulesets.
- Allows you to specify what rule project you want to migrate when moving from one IBM Operational Decision Manager version to another.
- Allows you to adopt a progressive migration path. No need to migrate the entire Decision Center database at once.
Greater deployment opportunities
- Support for IBM WebSphere® Application Server V8.5.5.
- Support for Oracle WebLogic Server 12c.
- Availability of the Business Console on all supported application servers.