What's new in IBM Traveler 18.104.22.168
Here are the new capabilities and enhancements delivered in 22.214.171.124:
Support for IBM Verse on Apple devices
IBM Verse for Apple iPhone devices is available on the iTunes app store. You can download it and start using to:
- See mail from people important to you
- Set people you interact with often as Important
- Manage items that need follow up
- Track who owes you a response and when
- Work with your calendar seamlessly
- Interact with all of your contacts
IBM Verse for Apple devices is an IBM created mobile app for iOS, and is available on the Apple app store. However, you can continue to use IBM Traveler with the built-in Apple provided mail, calendar, and contacts apps on your iOS device, along with the IBM Traveler To Do and Companion apps.
Support for Redhat Enterprise Linux Server 7
- Requires Domino 9.0.1 FP2 or later releases. See this article for the latest Domino maintenance levels.
Attendee status displays for meeting chair
- Attendee status for an event is now shown for the meeting chair. Invitees to a meeting will still only see the list of Required and Optional invitees.
Marking IBM Verse contacts as Favorites
- You can now designate a contact as a Favorite when using the IBM Verse server. This can be done through the long-press or swipe menus of a contact in the list of contacts, or from the contact editor. Favorite contacts have a blue star by the contact name.
The At-Glance widget displays when receiving new mail from "Important to me" contacts
- When IBM Notes Traveler is connected to an IBM Verse cloud environment, it is now able to sync your Verse "Important to me" contacts. Mail from these contacts can be accessed from the Important to Me bar in the widget. If you are not connected to a Verse environment, your "Important to me" contacts are only stored on the device and are not synced.
- Only IBM Notes Traveler contacts can be marked as "Important to me." This can be done from the Contacts list or by editing a contact.
- A contact must have a mail address in order to be marked as "Important to me."
- Most recently marked contacts are ordered above older contacts.
Actions menu on Android clients
- IBM Traveler for Android now includes a new "Actions" application for displaying Action Items. Action Items are created from sent or received mail. You can mark mail as an item that you need to take action on and provide a date by which it needs to be done. You can also mark sent mail as an item that you are waiting for a response on and provide a due date. The recipient is not notified that you have marked the item as an Action Item or provided the due date.
What's new in IBM Traveler 126.96.36.199
Here are the new capabilities and enhancements delivered in 188.8.131.52:
Google Cloud Messaging support for IBM Traveler for Android clients
- You can now use Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) for real time push notifications to keep your Mail, Calendar, Contact and To Do data on your IBM Traveler for Android clients up to date. Using GCM can greatly improve the battery life of Android devices using IBM Traveler, as IBM Traveler no longer needs to stay constantly connected via HTTP to the IBM Traveler server for push notifications
Expanded Domino server support
This version of the IBM Traveler server can now be installed on 4 different base Domino servers:
- IBM Domino 8.5.3 with Upgrade Pack 1 installed (excluding IBM Traveler for iSeries)
- IBM Domino 9.0
- IBM Domino 9.0.1
In the past, the IBM Traveler server could only have been installed on the latest Domino release. The recommendation is to install the Traveler server on a Domino 9.0.1 server, the latest release, to gain access to the largest set of Traveler server features. Note: The IBM Traveler for iSeries must be installed on a Domino 9.0 or Domino 9.0.1 server.
The IBM Verse mobile client is only supported when Traveler is installed on a Domino 9.0 or Domino 9.0.1 server.
Access mail, calendar and contacts from virtually any mobile device
IBM Notes Traveler 9.0.1
In addition to the capabilities delivered in the IBM© Notes© Traveler 9.0, version 9.0.1 (which includes enhancements from the interim IBM Notes Traveler 184.108.40.206 release) provides these new capabilities and enhancements:
- The Android client for Notes Traveler is now available from Google Play app store. You can still download the Android client from the IBM Notes Traveler server.
- Your Out-of-Office status can be set while on-the-go from your iOS or Android mobile device.
- For enhanced security administrators can now enforcee a 'Prevent Copy' of messages by policy for iOS and Android devices.
- Meeting room information can be added to calendar entries on iOS devices.
- Like iOS and Android, attachments and inline images are now supported on Windows Phone/RT platforms.
- Numerous enhancements for the Android client include easy widget customization, Calendar now shows conflicts when scheduling meetings, navigation in To Dos to specific By Due Date entry, option to always bcc yourself when composing email, and more.
- The Notes Traveler for Android is now compatible with the mobile device management (MDM) solution from MobileIron. Learn more(Link resides outside of ibm.com)
IBM Notes Traveler 9.0
IBM Notes Traveler 9.0 enables your Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program with by supporting a wide range mobile devices and operating systems. The latest version of this no-charge push email software for IBM Notes users adds To Do sync support, Windows Phone device support and updated operating system support. Upgrade today and enhance the mobility of your workforce.
IBM Notes Traveler 9.0 delivers the following features for supported devices and for the IBM Notes Traveler server.
- To Do sync support for Notes Traveler for Andriod and Apple iOS.
- Updated device support for Windows Phone, Windows Tablets and Blackberry 10 devices connecting to IBM Notes Traveler.
- Updated server operating system support. IBM Notes Traveler now supports additional operating system platforms.
- Deprecated support for IBM Notes Traveler Windows Mobile and Nokia Symbian device clients.
To Do sync support
- Using the new Notes Traveler ToDo application on an Android or Apple iOS device, mobile users can review upcoming To Do's, complete To Do's or remove them entirely. They can also create new To Do's, or organize To Do's into lists and sync attachments.
- Enhanced support for Notes Traveler ToDo and IBM Notes Traveler Companion applications enables standard Problem Management Record (PMR) type problem reporting.
Updated device support
- Supports devices running BlackBerry 10 OS. IBM Notes Traveler 9.0 supports two-way sync of Mail, Contacts and Calendar on these devices using the ability to define an ActiveSync server address in either a BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 managed device, or in a directly connected device configuration.
- Supports devices running Windows Phone 7.5, Windows Phone 7.8 and Windows Phone 8 versions.
- Supports tablet devices running Windows RT. IBM Notes Traveler 9.0 supports two-way sync of Mail, Contacts and Calendar on these devices using the built-in Exchange account.
- Supports tablet devices running Windows 8 Pro. IBM Notes Traveler 9.0 supports two-way sync of Mail, Contacts and Calendar on these devices using the built-in Exchange account.
Updated server operating system support
- IBM i (V6R1/V7R1)
- Windows Server 2012
- Redhat 6 64-bit mode (IBM Notes Traveler now runs in native 64-bit mode when installed with IBM Domino® 64-bit.)
- SUSE 11 64-bit mode (IBM Notes Traveler now runs in native 64-bit mode when installed with IBM Domino 64-bit.)
- Note: Support for Redhat 5 and SUSE 10 has been removed as those operating system levels are not supported by the IBM Domino 9.0 server.
- IBM Notes Traveler 9.0 does not ship a version 9 IBM Notes Traveler client for either the Windows Mobile or Nokia Symbian device platforms. The server will continue to support the most recent version of these IBM Notes Traveler clients, but the version level of those clients will remain at 8.5.3.
- If you are upgrading an existing IBM Notes Traveler 8.5.3 server to version 9.0, then the IBM Notes Traveler 9.0 server will automatically detect the client installation files for Windows Mobile and Nokia Symbian clients. It will make those client images available to Windows Mobile and Nokia Symbian devices that need to install them.
- However, if you are installing a new installation of an IBM Notes Traveler 9 server and you need to continue supporting these older device clients, then you must install a separate downloadable package containing these client files.
Upgrade to the latest version of IBM Notes Traveler.
Use your IBM Software Subscription and Support benefits to upgrade to the latest IBM Notes and Domino release today.
Learn more about IBM Software Subscription and Support benefits.