Service quality and performance management for IP and wireline networks
IBM® Netcool®/Proviso® provides service quality and performance management for Internet Protocol (IP) and wireline networks. It reports on network performance and usage to help avoid, detect and analyze service issues throughout an organization. It offers carrier-class scalability and flexibility to deploy next-generation network services and technologies more quickly.
- Network performance management tools that monitor usage and service quality and help reduce operating and capital costs.
- Service quality metrics that uncover usage issues to help improve customer satisfaction.
- Flexible operations and customer reports that deliver network performance data.
- A single, automated platform that streamlines performance management of disparate IP and wireline networks.
- Integrated service management that supports leading network technologies and extends performance management capabilities.
Network performance management tools
- Assess network usage and capacity levels on demand to help improve reliability and performance and reduce operational costs.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) from multiple technology domains including voice, video and data, networks, host resources and applications.
- Consolidate data collection for a variety of service types including Layer 2, IP and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
- Analyze KPI trends to predict and help avoid network performance issues and help reduce capital and operating expenses.
- Provide one-second poll-and-scroll monitoring to help reduce troubleshooting costs and time.
Service quality metrics
- Monitor service level agreements (SLAs) and KPIs on demand to help improve and maintain service quality and reduce costs associated with service degradations, disruptions and troubleshooting.
- Manage VoIP services throughout multiple domains including service delivery platforms (SDPs), central processing gateways and customer premises equipment (CPE) to gain a holistic view of capacity, usage patterns and issues in your network that can impact quality.
- Provide customer-facing reports to proactively communicate service quality and improve customer satisfaction.
- Measure signal-to-noise ratio, call completion rate, packet loss and other indicators to assess voice quality, call signaling issues and network impairments.
Flexible operations and customer reports
- Deliver on-demand reporting with continuous calculations to provide immediate insights into current conditions and help solve problems faster.
- Provide customer reports through a self-service web portal or email reports to customers directly to keep them informed about the latest network performance data.
- Take advantage of dynamic data aggregation that correlates data throughout domains to provide a service-centric view.
- View data by service type, customer, work site or other user-defined criteria and compare data to SLA thresholds for faster analysis.
- Use baseline and forecast reports of network performance and usage to detect, analyze and help avoid network quality issues.
A single, automated platform
- Centralize network performance data, monitoring tools and policies in one system for easier management, automation and integration with operations support systems (OSS).
- Deliver new services using next-generation technologies while handling change management with automated features for improved availability and reliability.
- Provide two-way integration with fault management systems for improved network efficiencies.
- Track router reboots, failovers and other common network changes automatically to react more quickly to fluctuations in demand and traffic flow.
- Aggregate and consolidate disparate silos of performance data from various business units and geographies for improved performance management of mission-critical networks.
Integrated service management
- Use OSS integration to simplify service monitoring and roll out new services and technologies more quickly.
- Take advantage of technology packs that support leading network technologies, including virtual private networks (VPNs), multiprotocol label switching (MPLS), VoIP and metro Ethernet.
- Provide seamless integration with other IBM Tivoli® solutions including IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus event management and IBM Tivoli Netcool Service Quality Management Center to extend your service management solution.
- Integrate with inventory and provisioning systems to help improve inventory accuracy and network capacity.
- Add application and system monitoring modules to complement your network performance solution.