Reduce outages, automate, gain visibility and control of your network
EMA: Analytics Deliver New Insights into Operational Big Data
Get the report
IBM® Netcool® Network Management helps CSP and enterprise data center and networking staff to discover, visualize, detect, configure, activate, integrate and remediate your network. The single solution combines IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus, IBM Tivoli® Network Manager and IBM Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager.
Netcool Network Management features:
- One integrated set of network management tools that provides network discovery, monitoring, event management and configuration.
- Centralized visibility and reporting that encompasses complex, dispersed network environments.
- Network discovery and monitoring that can improve network availability and efficiencies.
- Event and fault management that can help troubleshoot network issues and resolve them quickly.
- Network configuration capabilities that support efficient deployment and change management.
One integrated set of network management tools
- Provides near real-time, centralized monitoring of complex networks and technology domains with scalability that can exceed millions of events per day.
- Delivers detailed visibility into enterprise network operations, including cloud-based services that use heterogeneous infrastructures and physical networks.
- Collects network data from business applications, network devices, internet protocols, security devices and other data sources for centralized management.
- Supports data exchange and in-context navigation among Netcool/OMNIbus, Tivoli Network Manager and Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager.
- Integrates with operating support systems (OSS) and other mission-critical workflow applications to handle complex network operations.
Centralized visibility and reporting
- Offers an intuitive, role-based web portal that delivers network monitoring and management information from a single location.
- Consolidates data from varied sources into web-based dashboards with customizable displays of events, service views and operational indicators.
- Provides management reports that include cross-domain, multivendor events and detailed network device information.
- Delivers centralized visualization and reporting of current and historical data from IBM and third-party sources.
Network discovery and monitoring
- Delivers near real-time information on network connectivity, availability, performance, usage and inventory.
- Generates network maps automatically and updates maps with network changes without manual intervention.
- Identifies bottlenecks and other network issues to enable faster resolution and help avoid outages.
- Captures logical connectivity information including virtual private network (VPN), virtual local area network (VLAN), asynchronous transfer mode (ATM), frame relay and multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) services.
- Discovers devices and the physical port-to-port connectivity between them for more granular monitoring of network operations.
Event and fault management
- Provides advanced correlation, automated diagnostics and root-cause analysis to help increase availability and performance.
- Enables automated event correlation, isolation and resolution to help identify and resolve problems without manual intervention.
- Identifies the causes of network downtime at the node and port levels to help reduce resolution times.
- Shows event rate baselines, predictions and trends that can identify underlying problems and help you address issues proactively.
Network configuration capabilities
- Automates the configuration and management of network devices for cloud-based services.
- Provides automated features for change management, security control, provisioning, policy-based compliance and software upgrades.
- Helps you manage a wide range of network devices, protocols, systems, business applications and security devices.
- Lets administrators view configuration change data and compliance data alongside other network events to help stay informed of network changes.
Netcool Network Management resources
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Download software online after purchase - no shipping costs!