Increase the value of your ECM platform investment with enhanced capabilities that put your content in motion
IBM® Content Manager Enterprise Edition software is a scalable enterprise content management (ECM) solution that helps you manage all types of content, such as document images, electronic office documents, XML, audio and video for multiple platforms. Content Manager Enterprise Edition helps accelerate business processes and provides the foundation for an agile ECM framework.
Content Manager Enterprise Edition helps organizations manage digital information for optimum flexibility and impact with these benefits:
- On-demand access to information—helps accelerate your business processes virtually anytime, anywhere.
- Document management capabilities—make it easy to manage compliance records and content creation projects.
- Embedded workflow features—help simplify business processes, improving efficiency.
- The scalable, secure, multi-tiered, distributed architecture—provides the foundation of an agile ECM framework.
On-demand access to all your content
- Support for heterogeneous servers for multiple platforms allows Content Manager Enterprise Edition to manage all kinds of data with optimum processing for each individual content type.
- Replication services enable remote locations to have local copies of centrally stored documents. A LAN cache server can be designated for fast access to stored documents.
- User response time can be improved by placing servers close to users, which enhances delivery of large multimedia objects.
Document management functions for easy access and control
- Version control capability manages multiple versions of documents and objects, including document annotations.
- Multivalue attributes allow documents and other content types to be identified by multiple authors.
- Full repository services enable management of both structured and unstructured content.
Workflow builder to develop simple, repeatable processes
- Intuitive, drag-and-drop workflow builder helps you easily define document routing processes.
- Content Manager Enterprise Edition allows you to include any document routing construct in your process and speed the time to deployment.
- The workflow builder handles simple sequential tasks and complex process modeling so you can simplify the implementation of formal and repeatable processes across the enterprise.
A scalable, secure, multi-tiered architecture to increase agility
- Based on industry standards, Content Manager Enterprise Edition is web-enabled, scalable and extensible. It is designed to be fully open to any application.
- The software scales horizontally and vertically from Microsoft Windows platforms through mainframes and provides the scalability to grow from a single department to a geographically dispersed enterprise.
- Security features allow system administrators to protect sensitive information by restricting views to specific subsets of information.