Optimize energy consumption to reduce costs and minimize risks
IBM® Tivoli® Monitoring for Energy Management gives you visibility into the energy consumption and environmental impact of your operations. This software aggregates data from business services, IT assets and facilities infrastructure. It helps reduce energy costs, consumption and emissions for your IT infrastructure.
Tivoli Monitoring for Energy Management:
- Provides visibility into key energy consumption and environment metrics—including energy and thermal information for IT equipment, data center infrastructure and facilities equipment.
- Provides centralized views and controls—to help optimize your monitored environment by consolidating data from IBM and third-party information sources.
- Displays benchmark performances—using extensive reporting and analytics to identify areas where you can reduce energy consumption and costs.
Provides visibility into key energy consumption and environment metrics
- Incorporates new energy and environmental metrics into your existing tools and processes.
- Augments traditional data with energy and environmental information collected from IBM and third-party sources throughout the enterprise.
- Integrates Building Management System (BMS) metrics. Collects information from supported IBM servers and includes additional collection agents for leading data center and building infrastructure vendors.
- Collects metrics from devices that are attached to a network through agents built with IBM Tivoli Agent Builder.
Provides centralized views and controls
- Can monitor disparate systems throughout the enterprise. This software correlates energy information to underlying applications, databases, transactions, events and the supporting facility infrastructure.
- Allows you to accurately track each department’s data center usage. This information can be pulled into IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager software to enable energy-related consumption and chargeback capabilities.
- Stores near real-time, historic and trending energy and thermal metrics in a common repository. This supports decision-making and can be used by other IBM service management solutions.
- Allows you to use workspaces, views, situations and reports to improve operational efficiencies.
Displays benchmark performances
- Monitors current CPU use and matches it to actual demand. This can help reduce data center and facility costs.
- Generates reports that help identify where energy efficiencies can be achieved and improve capacity planning for power and cooling.
- Provides thermal information to IBM Maximo® Asset Manager for Energy Optimization. This helps improve data center floor cooling efficiency.
- Estimates the potential power and cost savings of proposed energy operations recommendations.
Tivoli Monitoring for Energy Management resources