VPN software for security-rich protection of enterprise data in transit
IBM® Mobile Connect provides a full-featured wireless virtual private network (VPN). This software employs end-to-end data encryption to deliver security-rich access to enterprise applications over wireless and wired networks. IBM Mobile Connect enables access to enterprise applications and data from virtually any location, while protecting an organization's sensitive information.
IBM Mobile Connect (formerly IBM Lotus® Mobile Connect) provides:
- Rich security features to protect transmission of sensitive data delivered through client or client-less access.
- Fast, continuous network connectivity for uninterrupted access to enterprise information and applications.
- Built-in controls that can help reduce costs through lower connection charges and transmission fees.
- Simple maintenance for administrative ease and control.
- Support for a variety of operating systems, mobile devices and networks to help satisfy the varying needs of remote users.
Rich security features
- Creates a mobile VPN that encrypts data over wireless local area and wide area networks to protect sensitive enterprise information that is accessed remotely.
- Establishes security-rich connections from client-less devices using web browser-based login and authentication for safe access to applications.
- Uses a symmetric encryption key to encode or decode data with varying key lengths.
- Supports standard Internet Protocol (IP) routing even over non-IP wireless networks to ensure unbroken, end-to-end Transmission Control Protocol sessions between remote devices and application servers.
- Supports the Federal Information Processing Standard 140-2 level of certification, a stringent international security standard.
Fast, continuous network connectivity
- Roams seamlessly among available networks and finds the fastest possible network connection to provide remote users with high-speed access to enterprise applications.
- Maintains uninterrupted network connectivity even when connections are lost or there is roaming between networks, eliminating the need for repeated sign-on attempts.
- Uses dynamic session profiles to recognize the type of network connection in use and to tune network parameters automatically for optimal performance.
- Integrates with many standard IP and non-IP wireless bearer networks, server hardware, device operating systems and mobile security protocols to give remote users network access.
Built-in controls that can help reduce costs
- Helps reduce mobile transmission charges by allowing users to define custom settings for preferred networks that deliver the best speed and bandwidth.
- Uses advanced data compression technologies to minimize the amount of data transmitted wirelessly for lower transmission costs.
- Protects your investment by running on multiple devices and operating system platforms.
- Allows you to configure clients to check at start-up for certain programs, such as antivirus or personal firewall software, before a connection is allowed to start.
- Supports easy export and import of new client configuration files for fast deployment of updated settings on user workstations and devices.
- Simplifies the client configuration process by automatically switching network-specific performance settings when roaming occurs.
Support for a variety of operating systems, mobile devices and networks
- Provides remote users many options for mobile access to IBM Notes®, IBM iNotes®, IBM Connections, IBM Sametime®, and other applications. Single URL and URL re-write features enable quick and easy deployments with IBM Notes Traveler, IBM Connections and IBM Sametime software.
- IBM Mobile Connect 6.1.5 software adds support for application-specific VPN access. This clientless, reverse-proxy-like access enables simpler and more efficient deployment of applications that are deployed across multiple backend servers, while surfacing a single URL to the application.
- Includes platform and device support for Microsoft, Linux, Nokia, Apple, Android Version 4 and Apple Macintosh technologies, as well as VMware environments.
- Provides 64-bit support for use with today's hardware.
- Offers expanded support for a variety of wired and wireless networks including cellular, LAN, dial, radio (public, private) and satellite.