IBM® Lotus Quickr® is part of the IBM Platform for Social Business offering a rich set of features (such as team spaces, content libraries, discussion forums and wikis) to enable team collaboration. Lotus Quickr can help increase efficiency and productivity and transform your business into a social enterprise.
The IBM Social Content Management Evolution
- At IBM Connect 2013—the social business event of the year held in Orlando in January 2013— IBM previewed IBM Connections Content Manager, the next evolution of our social content management solution. IBM Connections Content Manager is now available.
- IBM Connections Content Manager can help your organization make the most of the foundational technologies of an enterprise social software platform. You gain embedded content management capabilities that make corporate content available for use throughout your enterprise.
- IBM Connections Content Manager is the next step for our IBM Lotus Quickr for WebSphere Portal and Quickr for Domino customers on their social business journey. IBM Connections Content Manager enables our valued Quickr clients to more effectively embrace the broader and more full-featured capabilities of the IBM portfolio to assist your organization in becoming a more social business.
- This is a very exciting evolution and our current Quickr customers can either chose to take this step to IBM Connections Content Manager or stay on their familiar Quickr environment.
- IBM will continue to support the current Quickr environments; however, we encourage our valued Quickr customers to take the next step on their social business journey and adopt IBM Connections Content Manager.
Social Content Management Transition Assistance
- IBM intends to offer Social Content Management transition consulting services packages delivered by the skilled expertise of the IBM Software Services for Collaboration organization.
- These services include offerings from initial planning and analysis to content migration and solution deployment assistance.
- More details about Social Content Management transition consulting packages will be provided in the near future.
Lotus Quickr family resources