No-charge tool determines processor value units licensing requirements
IBM® License Metric Tool helps IBM Passport Advantage® customers determine their full and sub-capacity processor value units (PVU) licensing requirements. It helps calculate the number of PVUs available to installed Passport Advantage PVU-based software, including supported virtualized servers.
Passport Advantage and IBM Passport Advantage Express customers can order this tool at no charge by selecting the IBM License Metric Tool, part number D561HLL.
IBM License Metric Tool helps:
- Achieve and maintain compliance with Passport Advantage license terms. The software generates reports to help you determine if you have the appropriate number of PVU license entitlements (full and sub-capacity) for each Passport Advantage PVU-based product installed in your environment.
- Comply with Passport Advantage sub-capacity offerings license terms. These terms require that you create, verify, adjust, sign and save IBM License Metric Tool reports. With sub-capacity licensing, you are only charged for the logical or virtual server capacity in use by Passport Advantage PVU-based software.
- Support distributed server virtualization. This tool helps provide PVU-based software inventory reports to help manage diversified workload consolidations onto virtualized servers.
- Lower liability risks. Now you can reduce the risk of not meeting your Passport Advantage PVU-based contractual licensing conditions, along with avoiding the expense of unplanned license compliance payments.
- Track IBM PVU-based software inventory. This tool helps maintain that continuously updated inventory of Passport Advantage PVU-based software assets are installed on your network.
IBM License Metric Tool resources