Accelerate end-to-end integration in your SOA solutions
IBM Integration Designer is an Eclipse-based software development tool that renders your current IT assets into service components for reuse in service-oriented architecture (SOA) solutions.
IBM Integration Designer (previously known as WebSphere Integration Developer) features a visual drag-and-drop programming and test environment and integrates tightly with WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), WebSphere DataPower, and other WebSphere adapters and business process management (BPM) platforms.
IBM Integration Designer accelerates time to value with these time-saving benefits:
- Enables business-driven development, fully integrating with WebSphere Business Modeler to import models for rapid implementation.
- Allows you to visually define the sequence and flow of business processes.
- Facilitates SOA solutions with support for several SOA-based applications.
- Integrates testing, debugging, and deployment for solution development.
Business process development
- Enables identification of process applications that need application integration services.
- Allows association of service modules with process applications or toolkits.
- Provides guided task flows with simple step-by-step instructions that guide the user through the process of creating new services, mediations and other common activities.
- With support for IBM Process Center Advanced, allows collaboration with process designers in the creation of integrated services for process applications.
Facilitates SOA solutions
- Supports direct connection to DataPower appliances for exchange of XML schemas and maps.
- Enables creating, importing and exporting mediation flow patterns and templates.
- Supports other IBM applications, such as WebSphere Portal, IBM Lotus Forms, and IBM Rational Application Developer, and the use of third-party tools for teaming situations.
- Runs on multiple platforms and allows extension of legacy applications with SOA.
Integrated development, test, and deployment
- Construct process and integration solutions using visual editors and intuitive drag-and-drop technology.
- Use the integrated test client to test partially completed modules with scaffolded services.
- Leverage the integrated WebSphere Business Monitor toolkit and WebSphere Business Monitor test environment.
- Improve productivity with faster builds, faster deployment, and improved problem determination.
IBM Integration Designer resources