Optimized to run in server virtualization environments
IBM Integration Bus Hypervisor Edition formerly known as WebSphere Message Broker Hypervisor Edition optimizes IBM Integration Bus for virtual environments. This software provides rapid provisioning of Integration Bus to private cloud environments for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and IBM AIX®. It combines Integration Bus, IBM WebSphere MQ and the operating system compatible with the supported hypervisor.
IBM Integration Bus Hypervisor Edition provides:
- Simplicity and productivity with built-in patterns that deliver a tested approach to solving common architectural, deployment and design tasks.
- Universal connectivity including web services, file processing, IBM CICS® request and Corporate Brand and Reputation Analysis (COBRA) request.
- Dynamic operational management including security processing with a policy enforcement point (PEP) node for authentication, authorization and identity mapping.
- Platforms, environments and performance including full integration with Microsoft Windows and support for IBM PowerVM® environments.
- Business benefits that help enhance stability, increase productivity and reduce costs.
Simplicity and productivity
- Includes patterns that reflect best practices based on thousands of implementations.
- Speeds development cycles, improves the quality of deployed assets and makes the most of standard approaches to error handling and logging functions.
- Allows you to create user-defined patterns to facilitate the reuse of commonly used or corporate-mandated solutions.
- Enables you to capture your organization’s experience and assets as patterns to avoid rework.
- Helps to simplify the implementation of standards throughout an organization.
- Web services (WS) connectivity includes SOAP node support for Java Message Service (JMS) and HTTP.
- File processing connectivity includes integration with IBM WebSphere File Transfer Edition for input and output.
- Database input connectivity includes message flows started from triggered and polled queries.
- CICS request connectivity includes high-performance, synchronous, multiplatform access to CICS.
- COBRA request connectivity allows access to COBRA applications from non-COBRA environments.
Dynamic operational management
- Allows you to place the PEP node anywhere in the message flow, which increases the flexibility of the message flow design.
- Supports IBM Tivoli® Access Manager as a Security Policy Decision Point (PDP).
- Supports other WS-Trust PDPs.
Platforms, environments and performance
- Support deployment of Integration Bus virtual images into PowerVM environments.
- Allow database connections to be pooled to help with high-volume, multithreaded flow scenarios.
- Can enable better use of hardware and faster response to demands for newly deployed systems.
- Can help reduce the costs of both hardware and software operation and maintenance.
- Help you spend less time on installation and configuration.
- Help see that systems are built with a known, stable and tested configuration.
IBM Integration Bus Hypervisor Edition resources