Capture and analyze data in motion
IBM InfoSphere Streams is an advanced analytic platform that allows user-developed applications to quickly ingest, analyze and correlate information as it arrives from thousands of real-time sources. The solution can handle very high data throughput rates, up to millions of events or messages per second.
InfoSphere Streams v4.0 helps you:
Analyze data in motion
Simplify development of streaming applications
Extend the value of existing systems
“It's not just the fact that you can do this 100 times faster than before. It's that you can begin to treat your data with a fair degree of discrimination and refine data concerning multiple phases in a way that was not previously possible.”
- Dr. N. Stewart McIntyre, professor emeritus of chemistry
Buy InfoSphere Streams
What's new in IBM InfoSphere Streams
Announced March 10, 2015, InfoSphere Streams v4.0 includes new features and functions designed to instantly analyze and fuse massive volumes of data and integrate with existing infrastructures. It delivers new capabilities to increase business agility, ensure application resiliency, and empower IT administrators and developers.
Details of the new capabilities in IBM InfoSphere Streams
One of the most widely used Business Intelligence (BI) tools is Microsoft Excel. Until the new release of InfoSphere Streams, Microsoft Excel could only analyze data at rest. Now streaming data is available quickly and easily directly in Excel by dragging and dropping information onto a worksheet.
The result is rapid prototyping of real-time applications to increase agility and time to market. For example, the business analyst can quickly search streaming data for key performance indicators like number of webpage visits or detect patterns for a market basket analysis.
With the emergence of new engagement models, organizations are bringing streaming data sources into mission critical applications such as customer care, security and risk management and operations analysis. Resiliency of streaming applications is now a priority while the complexity of new and fast moving data sources is increasing. To meet service levels, deliver better customer care, and ensure optimal action, organizations need to guarantee all streaming data is processed.
The new release of InfoSphere Streams is enhanced with simple operators and annotations to guarantee no data loss.
Simplicity for IT administrators and developers
IT professionals are being asked to do more with less and highly skilled resources are in demand. As streaming applications play a growing role in critical applications so does the need for simplicity. InfoSphere Streams empowers IT users of all types and skill levels to have deeper insights into operations and performance. In today’s engaged world, a five minute delay means business goes elsewhere. A new administration console, a Java Management Extensions (JMX) management and monitoring application programming interface (API), simpler security and adoption of Apache Zookeeper are now available in InfoSphere Streams.
I Cod Help Falling in Love with IBM
Whether it's analyzing codfish in love or analyzing business cogs in motion, IBM InfoSphere Streams delivers predictive and prescriptive analytics to optimize performance, resource utilization and capacity. That's the real nature of analytics.
Dances with Rhinos
Through geospatial positioning, wildlife protection agencies use InfoSphere Streams to predict animal migration patterns and where the patterns cross human activity. The same predictive analytics also allows retailers to engage customers, monitor their preferences and prevent the competition from swooping in and stealing them away. That's the real nature of analytics.
The Swan of All Fears
Capture the elusive black swan and keep your organization safe. Learn how InfoSphere Streams can predict, prevent and take action against a security threat. Get the right level of protection to safeguard your enterprise. That's the real nature of analytics.
Briefs and brochure
- Celcom Axiata - Celcom teams with IBM to improve market campaigns and ROI (Youtube, 00:04:27)
- UMBC - University of Maryland studies healthcare applications of IBM's Watson Computer (Youtube, 00:01:25)
- Introducing IBM Context Aware Stream Computing (Youtube, 00:01:15)
- Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc. Uses Predictive Insights to Save $300,000 USD/year (Youtube, 00:03:02)
- IBM InfoSphere Streams: Real-Time Data Processing in the City of Stockholm (Youtube, 00:05:33)
- University of Southern California Captures and Analyzes Millions of Tweets, Facebook Posts and Other Social Media Conversations to Help Uncover Trends in Real Time (Youtube, 00:03:19)
- CenterPoint Energy - Part 1: Powers 2.3M Smart Meters with IBM InfoSphere Streams (Youtube, 00:04:45)
- CenterPoint Energy - Part 2: Saves 700,000 Gallons of Fuel and Lowers Cost for Consumers by $24M USD (Youtube, 00:05:12)
- Sprint Increases Network Capacity 90% Using IBM Analytics (Youtube, 00:03:06)
- Beacon Institute Monitors the Hudson River to Create a Greener Planet with IBM InfoSphere Streams (Youtube, 00:03:51)
- Emory University Eliminates Alarm Fatigue, Improves Care and Reduces Costs with IBM InfoSphere Streams (Youtube, 00:13:40)
- Big Bang to Big Data: ASTRON and IBM InfoSphere Streams to Understand the Universe (Youtube, 00:05:00)
- IBM InfoSphere Streams and Brocade for Deep Network Inspection (Youtube, 00:03:27)
- IBM InfoSphere Streams Product Overview by Roger Rea, Product Manager (Youtube, 00:25:36)
- IBM Distinguished Engineers Explain Real-Time Analytics (Youtube, 00:02:05)
- InfoSphere Streams for Communications Service Providers (Youtube, 00:02:26)