Use captured production workloads for more realistic, rigorous tests
IBM® InfoSphere® Optim™ Workload Replay captures production workloads and replays them in nonproduction environments for more realistic tests. It helps mitigate risks by reproducing actual database production activity and providing change impact reports to identify potential problems sooner. IBM InfoSphere Optim Workload Replay enables organizations to assess the impact of hardware, operating system and database configuration changes before production deployment to minimize unexpected problems..
The software can be used for database upgrades or migration and stress testing, database/SQL performance tuning, and hardware or operating system upgrades and consolidation.
InfoSphere Optim Workload Replay helps organizations:
- Manage production changes more efficiently without the need for a complex application infrastructure.
- Mitigate risks and minimize unexpected production problems with improved testing processes that mirror production behavior.
- Understand the impact of changes on SQL execution using validation reports.
Manage production changes more efficiently
- Capture and replay exact production workload characteristics, including concurrent applications or connections, order of SQL execution and transaction boundaries.
- Reduce the need for time-consuming manual test script creation and load emulators, which only approximate the production workload.
- Speed up or slow down replays and change SQL throughput to fulfill testing requirements.
- Create faster and more accurate test processes to improve the management of lifecycle events including changes in hardware, operating systems, workloads, databases and new applications.
- Scale to meet high performance stress test requirements.
Mitigate risks and minimize unexpected production problems
- Perform tests using actual production workloads and view change reports to quickly identify problems.
- Complement existing regression, functional and performance tests with deeper analysis of the data layer.
- Assess the impact of lifecycle changes in the testing environment before production deployment.
- Help reduce risk and meet service level agreements for application and database availability, reliability and performance.
Understand the impact of changes on SQL execution
- Use validation reports to determine SQL execution differences in return code, rows retrieved or updated, and more.
- Identify workload performance differences and trends.
- Analyze SQL reports to review detailed information for deeper insights.
InfoSphere Optim Workload Replay