Improved tracking and management of client/server and database environments
IBM® InfoSphere® Optim™ Configuration Manager for Db2 for Linux, Unix and Windows helps organizations gain a better understanding of their database environment. It provides an inventory of clients and servers, tracks changes to client/server properties and compares client/server environments with best practices configurations. It can generate alerts when configurations deviate, control client behaviors and optimize database storage for improved availability and reduced costs.
InfoSphere Optim Configuration Manager for Db2 for Linux, Unix and Windows enables you to:
- Remotely enforce any application client and driver properties or special registers to match best practices configurations.
- Track and optimize your client/server environment with greater ease.
- Decrease application outages and slowdowns for improved availability.
- Optimize storage consumption by finding compression opportunities, reclaiming storage and finding seldom used objects.
- Isolate problems and reduce risk for more efficient IT operations.
Remotely enforce any application client and driver properties or special registers to match best practices configurations.
- Centralize client connection definitions and server data models to improve manageability.
- Show enterprise data assets using information gleaned from database application clients and scheduled database server jobs.
- Store data models in a central location and provide one consistent version for use throughout the enterprise.
- Remotely enforce workload balancing properties in Db2 pureScale systems as well to match best practice configuration
Track and optimize your client/server environment with greater ease.
- Track changes to generic key-value-based configuration settings and include these changes when comparing two or more configurations.
- Generate alerts when client or server configurations deviate from best practices.
- Support rich mapping schemes and email-based alerts, making it easier to find and compare multiple database or client configurations with a best practice reference in a single job.
Decrease application outages and slowdowns for improved availability.
- Redirect application clients from one Db2 system to another mirrored system for planned upgrades or high availability.
- Route poorly behaving data clients across Linux®, UNIX® and Microsoft Windows® data servers to meet performance and availability objectives.
- Track changes automatically to the Db2 database server and client configurations to determine the root cause of performance degradation or application outage.
- Display the current maintenance levels of members in a Db2 pureScale data sharing group during rolling upgrades and isolate poorly behaving application clients within a Db2 pureScale group.
- Help reduce poor production performance from Java, Microsoft ® .NET and Common Language Infrastructure (CLI) applications.
- Detect database application clients automatically to consider them for planned database upgrade or migration.
Optimize storage consumption by finding compression opportunities, reclaiming storage and finding seldom used objects.
- Analyze storage trends by user, application or workload for improved storage management that can lead to reduce costs.
- Detect unused distributed databases with no clients to enable re-provisioning of hardware and software resources.
- Optimize storage requirements of the full Db2 environment by showing storage savings across multiple databases, including compression opportunities and trapped storage.
- Define migration schedules to move data automatically from one storage group on a faster disk to another running on a slower disk, or the other way around, leveraging Db2 multi-temperature storage capabilities.
Isolate problems and reduce risk for more efficient IT operations.
- Use centralized, consistent Db2 information throughout your organization so inconsistencies do not cause problems.
- Redirect clients in an isolated or restricted environment so users can gauge application behavior before moving to a full production environment.
- Isolate poorly behaving application clients to certain members within a Db2 pureScale data sharing group environment.
- Track and issue alerts whenever configuration differences are discovered.
- Enhance your existing performance management process using a consistent set of database management tools.
- Aid compliance efforts through centralized control and analysis of distributed database access.
InfoSphere Optim Configuration Manager for Db2 for Linux, Unix and Windows resources