Manage data growth effectively to reduce costs and improve performance
IBM® InfoSphere® Optim™ Archive manages the volume, speed and complexity of data growth for reduced storage costs and improved performance. It enables you to handle data more efficiently and safely, according to business rules and criteria that you define. IBM InfoSphere Optim Archive offers a single, scalable solution to implement consistent data management strategies throughout the enterprise.
InfoSphere Optim Archive helps organizations:
- Manage the growth of application data and data warehouses for better data control and reduced storage costs.
- Apply business rules and criteria to segregate and archive historical data more safely and improve compliance.
- Improve data lifecycle management for more efficient storage processes.
- Use a single, scalable solution across applications, databases, data warehouses, operating systems and platforms.
- Assess dormant data to identify data that should be archived through capabilities of InfoSphere Guardium Data Analyzer
Manage the growth of application data and data warehouses
- Help reduce hardware, storage and maintenance costs by archiving historical data from mission-critical systems.
- Manage data growth at the source by applying advanced archiving capabilities for structured data.
- Work with data at the business object level, including payments, service orders or shipments.
- Apply tiered and multi-temperature storage strategies for more cost-effective data storage.
Apply business rules and criteria
- Specify business rules and criteria to align data growth management principles with your business objectives.
- Segregate and archive historical data directly or through integration with IBM InfoSphere Business Glossary.
- Support data retention regulations and archive, manage, retain and dispose of application data according to business policies.
Improve data lifecycle management
- Apply data retention, disposal and eDiscovery strategies consistently across the enterprise.
- Streamline application upgrade projects with more effective data management tools.
- Maintain archived business records in a historical reference snapshot format.
- Consolidate or retire obsolete, redundant or unsupported applications and data stores while maintaining access to required data.
Use a single, scalable solution
- Work with commonly used applications, including Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft Enterprise, Siebel Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
- Use with IBM DB2®, Informix, Oracle, Sybase, SQL server and XML database technologies.
- Work with Microsoft Windows, Unix, Linux and IBM z/OS® operating systems.
- Integrate with InfoSphere Blueprint Director to improve the success of data growth projects.
- Work with a variety of data warehouse solutions, including IBM Netezza® products.