Create a single, up-to-date repository of product information
IBM® InfoSphere® Master Data Management Collaborative Edition provides product information management and master data management (MDM).
Product information management helps you create a single, up-to-date repository of product and other related information. It can be used to aggregate information from any upstream system, enforce business processes to ensure data accuracy and synchronize trusted information with downstream systems.
InfoSphere Master Data Management Collaborative Edition offers the following features and benefits:
- Provides high performance and business collaboration to help you process and manage large volumes of data.
- Improves data stewardship and governance by helping to deliver trusted information.
- Integrates with other applications and systems to accelerate implementation and meet your business needs.
High performance and business collaboration
- Helps you manage catalogs, category hierarchies, attributes and relationships for any domain. You can adapt the data model to align with any upstream or legacy system.
- Provides workflows for collaborative authoring tasks to help streamline critical business processes, such as new product introduction (NPI), and drive faster time to market.
- Can handle big data volumes and link a variety of data (including social media) to existing master records.
- Lets you organize and browse products and services such as product type or organizational, departmental, web, ERP and other system hierarchies.
- Helps you leverage relationships and linkages to manage bundles, groups and offers for specific channels.
- Allows you to work with unstructured content such as images, files and other digital content, which can give you a complete picture of product or service components.
- Provides a dynamic user interface that adapts to data model configurations, access controls and workflow. Also incorporates user settings and preferences to help reduce implementation time.
Improves data stewardship and governance
- Includes IBM InfoSphere QualityStage components for data cleansing. Uses prepackaged validations, rules, calculations and automation to enforce data quality and business rules.
- Provides role and attribute level security to help you segment product data by business responsibility (logistics, finance, pricing, marketing, supplier) and control user actions (view, edit, approve). This can ensure users access only the data that is relevant to their role or business function.
Integrates with other applications and systems
- Runs in heterogeneous IT environments using scheduled and on-demand jobs, import/export templates, XML, multiple protocols, and web services for ease of integration.
- Provides a pre-built data model, workflows and integration tooling to complement IBM WebSphere Commerce.
- Includes IBM WebSphere Portal components to help you establish a supplier portal for data submissions, manage vendor on-boarding and streamline supplier interactions.
- Provides a Global Data Synchronization (GDS) module to manage data subscriptions. This helps you maximize the effectiveness of trading partner relationships, improve overall supply chain efficiency and increase revenue.
- Offers a single interface for product creation, rules authoring, and rules association through integration with IBM Operational Decision Manager.
InfoSphere Master Data Management Collaborative Edition