IBM® Informix® Java™ Database Connectivity (JDBC) is the JavaSoft specification of a standard API that allows Java programs to access database management systems.
Informix JDBC is a platform-independent, industry-standard Type 4 driver that provides enhanced support for distributed transactions and is optimized to work with IBM® WebSphere® Application Server.
- Consists of a set of interfaces and classes written in the Java programming language.
- Includes embedded SQL/J which supports embedded SQL in Java.
- Promotes accessibility to IBM Informix databases from Java client applications.
- Provides openness through XML support and fosters scalability through its connection pool management feature.
- Supports extensibility with a user-defined data type (UDT) routine manager that simplifies the creation and use of UDTs.
- Delivers ideal Java connectivity technology for multi-tier Internet and intranet application development and deployment.
- Runs on AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows and all other platforms that support Java.