IMS Sequential Randomizer Generator creates a randomizing module to access database segments directly or sequentially.
IMS Sequential Randomizer Generator generates a randomizing module called Sequential Randomizer, which enables sequential processing of IMS databases.
- Creates a randomizing module that can access DEDB, HDAM, or PHDAM segments either directly or sequentially, without sacrificing their efficient direct-access capability.
- Controls the number of synonyms of root segments in a database.
- Optimizes the distribution of database records by adjusting the randomizing module if the number of synonyms or the control interval (CI)/block utilization exceeds the user-specified value.
- Uses statistics provided in the Sequential Randomizer Generator reports to monitor the efficiency of the randomizing module.
- Program number: 5655-E11
- Operating systems supported: z/OS